Montessori Academy Of Tampa Bay
- The Montessori Academies are accredited by the Montessori Institute of America.
- The schools serve as International Teacher Preparation Centers and offers Montessori Internship Programs.
- The Director of the Montessori Academies, Sonia A. Johnson, holds a Bachelor Degree in Education, Montessori Certification, and 35 years experience in Teaching and School Administration.
- Our International Staff includes Teachers from North and South America, Europe and Asia with Montessori Certifications, B.A. and M.A. Degrees.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Gymnastics, SoccerDance, Gymnastics,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Chinese Club, Spanish Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Grades: NS-12 | 1033 students
1515 W. Bearss Avenue
Tampa, FL 33613
(813)920-2288 4.4 NS-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-12 | 71 students
8613 Twin Lakes Blvd
Tampa, FL 33614
(813)931-3316 0.9 PK-12
- Tampa Grades: NS | 58 students
7916 N Himes Ave
Tampa, FL 33614
(813)932-0253 1.4 NS
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.