Montessori Academy Of Tampa Bay
Tel: (813) 933-4782
- The Montessori Academies are accredited by the Montessori Institute of America.
- The schools serve as International Teacher Preparation Centers and offers Montessori Internship Programs.
- The Director of the Montessori Academies, Sonia A. Johnson, holds a Bachelor Degree in Education, Montessori Certification, and 35 years experience in Teaching and School Administration.
- Our International Staff includes Teachers from North and South America, Europe and Asia with Montessori Certifications, B.A. and M.A. Degrees.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||139 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Gymnastics, SoccerDance, Gymnastics,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Chinese Club, Spanish Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Grades: K-12 | 71 students
1301 West Linebaugh Ave
Tampa, FL 33612
(813) 963-0901 1.1 K-12
- Tampa Grades: NS-12 | 1033 students
1515 W. Bearss Avenue
Tampa, FL 33613
(813) 920-2288 4.4 NS-12
- Tampa Grades: K-12 | 63 students
8613 Twin Lakes Blvd
Tampa, FL 33614
(813) 931-3316 0.9 K-12
- Tampa Grades: NS | 58 students
7916 N Himes Ave
Tampa, FL 33614
(813) 932-0253 1.4 NS
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?