- The program stresses the development of internal controls and personal responsibility for one's behavior.
- Normalcy is expected; competency is stressed. Teachers strive to become trusted people whose guidance, limit setting and criticism are eventually seen as nurturing, helpful and supportive.
- They work to build the self-esteem and improve the self-image of students.
- Teachers provide direction, orchestrating activities and discussions which encourage exploration and experimentation.
- Our program provides weekly individual counseling to all students. Speech therapy is available when needed.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Total Students||101 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: 4-12 | 55 students
41 Bolivar Drive
Berkeley, CA 94710
(510)649-1177 349.8 4-12
- Berkeley Grades: 5
2855 Telegraph Ave. Suite 312
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)845-1321 347.8 5
- Canoga Park Grades: 8-12 | 40 students
7119 Owensmouth Avenue
Canoga Park, CA 91303
(818)992-0301 28.4 8-12
- Chula Vista Grades: 7-12 | 12 students
900 Paseo Del Rey
Chula Vista, CA 91911
(619)421-6900 119.3 7-12
- Irvine Grades: 1-12 | 64 students
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)733-1500 34.8 1-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.