- The program stresses the development of internal controls and personal responsibility for one's behavior.
- Normalcy is expected; competency is stressed. Teachers strive to become trusted people whose guidance, limit setting and criticism are eventually seen as nurturing, helpful and supportive.
- They work to build the self-esteem and improve the self-image of students.
- Teachers provide direction, orchestrating activities and discussions which encourage exploration and experimentation.
- Our program provides weekly individual counseling to all students. Speech therapy is available when needed.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Total Students||101 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: 4-12 | 55 students
41 Bolivar Drive
Berkeley, CA 94710
(510)649-1177 349.8 4-12
- Berkeley Grades: 5
2855 Telegraph Ave. Suite 312
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)845-1321 347.8 5
- Canoga Park Grades: 8-12 | 40 students
7119 Owensmouth Avenue
Canoga Park, CA 91303
(818)992-0301 28.4 8-12
- Chula Vista Grades: 7-12 | 12 students
900 Paseo Del Rey
Chula Vista, CA 91911
(619)421-7733 119.3 7-12
- Irvine Grades: 1-12 | 64 students
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)733-1500 34.8 1-12
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.