- Lornwood Day Care & Preschool, located in Columbia, Maryland, is a family owned and operated center that provides full and half day programs for ages 6 weeks to 5 years and before & after care kindergarten to 5th grade.
- We offer a program that nurtures your child in a loving environment where she can develop a strong self-concept.
- We have a mature/experienced teaching staff and recognize the responsibility we share with parents as we work together to provide opportunities for your child to grow, socially, emotionally and cognitively and physically.
- We offer a hands on age appropriate curriculum, built around the work/play philosophy.
- Activities are fun and exciting and lessons are stimulating as well as education.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: NS-8 | 138 students
10350 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
(410)312-7413 2.4 NS-8
- Columbia Grades: PK-1 | 183 students
9151 Rumsey Road
Columbia, MD 21045
(410)715-9600 3.4 PK-1
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.