Tel: (410) 992-6670
- Lornwood Day Care & Preschool, located in Columbia, Maryland, is a family owned and operated center that provides full and half day programs for ages 6 weeks to 5 years and before & after care kindergarten to 5th grade.
- We offer a program that nurtures your child in a loving environment where she can develop a strong self-concept.
- We have a mature/experienced teaching staff and recognize the responsibility we share with parents as we work together to provide opportunities for your child to grow, socially, emotionally and cognitively and physically.
- We offer a hands on age appropriate curriculum, built around the work/play philosophy.
- Activities are fun and exciting and lessons are stimulating as well as education.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: NS-8 | 138 students
10350 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
(410) 312-7413 2.4 NS-8
- Columbia Grades: PK-5 | 143 students
9151 Rumsey Road
Columbia, MD 21045
(410) 715-9600 3.4 PK-5
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.