- Lornwood Day Care & Preschool, located in Columbia, Maryland, is a family owned and operated center that provides full and half day programs for ages 6 weeks to 5 years and before & after care kindergarten to 5th grade.
- We offer a program that nurtures your child in a loving environment where she can develop a strong self-concept.
- We have a mature/experienced teaching staff and recognize the responsibility we share with parents as we work together to provide opportunities for your child to grow, socially, emotionally and cognitively and physically.
- We offer a hands on age appropriate curriculum, built around the work/play philosophy.
- Activities are fun and exciting and lessons are stimulating as well as education.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: NS-8 | 138 students
10350 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
(410)312-7413 2.4 NS-8
- Columbia Grades: PK-1 | 183 students
9151 Rumsey Road
Columbia, MD 21045
(410)715-9600 3.4 PK-1
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.