Los Gatos Christian School
- Los Gatos Christian School, a ministry of Venture Christian Church, is duly accredited through the Asocciation of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Since 1977, Los Gatos Christian School is committed to educating students, with high academic standards, from a Biblical worldview, in an environment that supports the development of passionate followers of Jesus Christ. The faculty and staff are committed to love, nurture, and respect each student, while providing an environment of high academic quality that prepares students for a life of service to God. The program includes the following areas: Parent/LGCS Partnership: Parents assume the primary responsibility before God for their child`s education. It is a privilege for LGCS to partner in this responsibility.
- Academics: Provide challenging and balanced academic, enrichment, and physical education programs that meet the overall needs of a student body with varied abilities.
- Biblical Worldview: Teach every subject area in a manner consistent with a biblical worldview.
- Character Development: Provide a variety of opportunities for students to develop and build strong Christian character.
- Student Behavior: Manage discipline using approaches consistent with Love and Logic, with an emphasis on building godly character in our students.
- Self-Image: Encourage the development of the student`s healthy self-image that God has created each student uniquely and that He has a divine plan for each life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia and other mild learning differences|
|Total Students||358 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(solid-colored polo shirt, navy blue or khaki pants or skirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Los Gatos Christian School, a Preschool - 8th grade school, opened in 1977. LGCS is a ministry of Venture Christian Church and a member of the Association of Christian Schools International. LGCS offers a support system for parents by providing an environment consistent with the values taught in a Christian home. We are also dedicated to providing our junior kindergarten through 8th grade students with experiences which will enable them to become spiritually steadfast. Los Gatos Christian School's purpose is to teach academics and balanced, Bible-centered Christian principles. We believe that the home, the school, and the church, working together, form a solid base as each student prepares to meet life's challenges. We have always been and continue to be a structured, "back to basics" school. The distinctive educational program at Los Gatos Christian School provides a learning environment which successfully challenges and inspires its students, resulting in sustained, high achievement scores.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: K-5 | 2742 students
1450 Leigh Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
(408) 559-4400 4.3 K-5
- Campbell Grades: PK-8 | 254 students
775 Waldo Road
Campbell, CA 95008
(408) 370-6727 4.7 PK-8
- Los Altos Grades: K-8 | 186 students
625 Magdalena Avenue
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650) 948-3738 14.1 K-8