Canyon Heights Academy
- Canyon Heights Academy is a private Catholic school within the Diocese of San Jose.
- We believe the complete education of a child includes development of the intellect, character and spirit-as well as inspiring the heart to make the world a better place. Our independent curriculum is designed to create students with a solid foundation of critical thinking, problem-solving, character, faith and social responsibility.
- Confidence is built through athletics, public speaking, mentoring and service to the community.
- All-school service and virtue programs, a Service Leadership Council and Leadership in Action program inspire the hearts of tomorrow's leaders from the youngest age. Located in Campbell, California, Canyon Heights Academy provides a Catholic Montessori Preschool as well as a Kindergarten through Eighth grade. Fully accredited by WASC and WCEA.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Karen Caminati|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Chess, Challenge Club, Conquest Boy's Club, Mandarin
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Music Lessons
- Canyon Heights Academy believes the complete education of a child includes development of the intellect, character and spirit as well as inspiring the heart to make the world a better place. Our strong academic curriculum allows students to discover the world around them and think critically about it. In parallel, the Character and Service programs foster growth of the person. Our goal is to educate, form and inspire today`s youth to be the leaders who are ready to meet challenges and will transform the world of tomorrow. Our curriculum, developed in conjunction with hundreds of schools worldwide, gives our graduates an outstanding rate of acceptance into local private high schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Altos Grades: NS-8 | 164 students
625 Magdalena Avenue
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650)948-3738 9.4 NS-8
- Los Altos Grades: K-8 | 139 students
1175 Altamead Dr
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650)967-2783 8.8 K-8
- Los Gatos Grades: NS-8 | 358 students
16845 Hicks Rd
Los Gatos, CA 95032
(408)997-4681 4.7 NS-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.