Loyola High School
Tel: (212) 288-3522
- As an independent, coeducational, college preparatory, urban, secondary day school, rooted in the Jesuit tradition, Loyola School challenges its young men and women to become intellectually fulfilled, open to growth, religious, loving, and committed to doing justice.
- Loyola School is committed to challenging its students intellectually, aesthetically, physically, and socially.
- Opportunities for personal study, reflection, and leadership allow students to expand their knowledge, develop their skills, and mature as individuals and community members.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus - AB, AP Calculus - BC, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP French Language, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1400|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 9 / Dec. 20|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$39,435|
|Tuition Notes||On average, 33% of Loyola students receive some form of financial aid.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,000|
|Admissions Director||Gabe Rotman|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Amnesty International, Art Club, Book Club, Chamber Ensemble, Chess Club, Chorus, Coffeehouse, Drama, Environmental Club, Literary Magazine, Loyola Dancers, Maroon and Gold Club, Math League, Newspaper, Outdoors Club, Peer Leadership Team, Percussion Ensemble, Photography Club, Speech and Debate, Stock Market Club, Student Government, Yearbook|
- Loyola School is an academically rigorous, coeducational Jesuit preparatory school located on Manhattan's Upper East Side. Loyola offers a values-based education embracing the Ignatian philosophy of cura personalis (care for the whole person), service to others and a life of purpose. The school values what it calls "grad at grad" virtues academically excellent, open to growth, religious, loving, and committed to doing justice. Founded in 1900, Loyola School maintains a diverse student body in a small, friendly environment of approximately 200 young men and women in grades 9-12. Loyola School's teacher-to-student ratio is one of the lowest for independent schools in the metropolitan area.
- The Loyola School community is actively involved in learning outside the classroom, enhancing the communities in which they live, and building the foundation for a lifetime of leadership and service to others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 655 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
(212) 812-8521 1.2 K-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.