Lutheran High & Jr High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Rockford Lutheran is the school where students of all faiths, ethnicities and national origin can find academic challenge and perform to their potential.
- It's also where they can explore their God given talents with a broad range of athletics and extracurricular activities.
- Rockford Lutheran offers: six year study in French, German, Russian, and Spanish with Spanish and French offered in PreK through high school Music, Art and Drama from grade PreK through high school more than 70% of Junior and Senior High students participate in extracurricular activities computer courses from grade school through high school Athletics Grades 5 and 6 compete in Rock Valley Lutheran Athletic Conference Junior High compete in Northern Conference Senior High compete in Big Northern Conference.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||811 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Physics II, AP Statisitcs, AP U.S. History, Bio 110: Principles of Biology (Dual Credit), Chem 115: General Chemistry (Dual Credit), Phy 110: Principles of Physics (Dual Credit), Span 102: Beginning Spanish II (Dual Credit)|
|Average SAT score||1280|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress policy in effect)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact the school for current tuition rates and tuition assistance at 815-877-9551, ext. 158.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Julie Behmer|
|Admissions Associate||Pamela Kellen|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Rockford Lutheran is the provider of an exceptional college prepatory education in a safe, Christian environment. Open to all faiths, Rockford Lutheran School prepares students to become the leaders of tomorrow. From preschool to 12th grade Rockford Lutheran offers an accelerated honors program with exceptional athletic and award winning fine art programs including drama, choir, band and orchestra. Rockford Lutheran offeres 8 Dual Credit courses offering transcripted credit through Concordia University. Courses currently in the Dual Credit Program include: English Literature, Composition, Spanish, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Statistice, Economics Government and Psychology. We also offer 41 honors courses in grades 6-12 nad 13 High School level courses for Junior High students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockford Grades: PK-12 | 324 students
1 Jacoby Pl
Rockford, IL 61107
(815)399-8823 2.1 PK-12
- Rockford Grades: 9-12 | 850 students
4000 Saint Francis Dr
Rockford, IL 61103
(815)877-0531 2.8 9-12
I have two boys attending Rockford Lutheran Academy and I am very pleased with the education they are receiving. The teachers are wonderful to them and they are both challenged academically. There is homework almost every night but overall we are very happy with the school and can comfortably recommend it to anyone. Well worth the money.
- Posted by Parent - arlen
I havea daughter in 7th grade. My husband and I are very pleased with the school and also the other children and parents. This school reminds me of the type of school I attended 30 years ago. It is a safe environment where inappropriate behavior is not tolerated.
- Posted by Parent - jzuz1
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.