- Maimonides Hebrew Day School (MHDS) is the only Jewish educational facility in southwest Florida that offers a complete full time (or part time) learning experience for children and families.
- The school offers a dual curriculum with expanded courses of study, individualizes lessons and curriculums in all aspects of Hebrew, Judaic Studies and English/secular subject areas that follow the New COre Curriculum and Florida State Standards.
- MHDS accommodates all the diverse levels of a families' Jewish faith observance.
- A full day integrates exemplary instruction in both Hebrew and English listening and speaking, phonics & grammar, reading, and writing. Judaic studies of Torah, Chumash, Parashas, History, Holidays, Bruchas and Meddos are age and grade appropriate.
- Math, Science, and Social Studies, are complimented with Art, Music, and PE. The new facility is equipped with the latest in technology and materials.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-7|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Step-Up School Choice McKay and Early Readiness scholarships available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Rabbi Y Minkowicz|
- MHDS also has a licensed & certified Child Care Center - the only Jewish Early Readiness and FREE VPK (Voluntary Pre-K for 4 year olds) Center in southwest Florida. Early Readiness and Step-up are scholarship programs to assist families that are currently dealing with the economic downturn that has overtaken southwest Florida. Rabbi Minkowicz and Lynda Stewart are working with families to find resources to help with the cost of tuition. Efforts will be made to seek out resources and assist families with the desire to provide their children with a quality Jewish education. Maimonides is licensed and certified to accept McKay Scholarships for students already identified and qualified for special services and needs.
My son attended this school for kindergarten several years ago, and we were extremely pleased. The adminstration really cares about the school and the students. Morah Sheina was one of the best teachers I have encountered so far and I will be forever greatful my son was able to get a great start in his Jewish education.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Monica Haddad