- Canterbury School, founded in 1964, is a Pre-K3 through grade 12 nonsectarian, independent, coeducational, day school preparing students of ability, promise, and diverse backgrounds for selective colleges.
- Canterbury`s motto, Education, Character, Leadership, Service, defines the focus of the school`s program and underscores all we do in and out of the classroom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Central Auditory Processing Disorder, Developmental Coordination Disorder, Written Expression Disorder, Students with cochlear implants, Sensory Processing Disorders, Processing disorders, Visual impairments, & more|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||663 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||92 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1248|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on grade level. More information can be found here: https://www.canterburyfortmyers.org/page/admission/tuition--fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Julie Peters|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Canterbury School, founded in 1964, is a Pre-K3 through grade 12 nonsectarian, independent, coeducational, day school preparing students of ability, promise, and diverse backgrounds for selective colleges. Canterbury`s motto, Education, Character, Leadership, Service, defines the focus of the school`s program and underscores all we do in and out of the classroom.
- At all levels, the academic program emphasizes individual growth, skill development, a high caliber of instruction, collaboration, and high standards. Canterbury provides all students with an opportunity to challenge themselves and take risks in an atmosphere of mutual respect and partnership among students, parents, and teachers. Led by a talented and dedicated faculty, the school seeks to build a close-knit community of learners where the whole child is nurtured and developed and where the model of a liberal arts education thrives. At Canterbury, the life of the mind is complemented by a strong athletic program and a commitment to the arts and creativity. These elements come together in a secure and modern facility to instill in students a love of learning.
- Canterbury stresses personal integrity and service; we expect our graduates to be lifelong learners and responsible citizens well-prepared to help shape a changing world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Myers Grades: NS-12 | 1033 students
8237 Beacon Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33907
(239)936-3319 2.2 NS-12
- Fort Myers Grades: 8-12 | 22 students
1950 Clayton Ct
Fort Myers, FL 33907
(239)274-9600 2.3 8-12
Absolutely love the culture and environment Canterbury provides for my child. Excellent for personal development and growth in becoming a young adult. The campus is big enough to give a college feel but still small enough to provide that feeling of family orientation. Canterbury offers arts and athletics in addition to the rigorous academic schedule that will well prepare these kids for post secondary education.
- Posted by Parent - Strong School Supporter
Canterbury is an incredibly positive, uplifting education experience. Students are challenged and supported in achieving their highest potential.
- Posted by Parent - NR