Canterbury School, founded in 1964, is a Pre-K3 through grade 12 nonsectarian, independent, coeducational, day school preparing students of ability, promise, and diverse backgrounds for selective colleges.
Canterbury`s motto, Education, Character, Leadership, Service, defines the focus of the school`s program and underscores all we do in and out of the classroom.
- Top Ranked FL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 694 students
- Yearly Tuition: $25,600
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Central Auditory Processing Disorder, Developmental Coordination Disorder, Written Expression Disorder, Students with cochlear implants, Sensory Processing Disorders, Processing disorders, Visual impairments, & more
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 46%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Average SAT score
Average ACT score
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition varies depending on grade level. More information can be found here: www.canterburyfortmyers.org
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- Canterbury School, founded in 1964, is a Pre-K3 through grade 12 nonsectarian, independent, coeducational, day school preparing students of ability, promise, and diverse backgrounds for selective colleges. Canterbury`s motto, Education, Character, Leadership, Service, defines the focus of the school`s program and underscores all we do in and out of the classroom.
- At all levels, the academic program emphasizes individual growth, skill development, a high caliber of instruction, collaboration, and high standards. Canterbury provides all students with an opportunity to challenge themselves and take risks in an atmosphere of mutual respect and partnership among students, parents, and teachers. Led by a talented and dedicated faculty, the school seeks to build a close-knit community of learners where the whole child is nurtured and developed and where the model of a liberal arts education thrives. At Canterbury, the life of the mind is complemented by a strong athletic program and a commitment to the arts and creativity. These elements come together in a secure and modern facility to instill in students a love of learning.
- Canterbury stresses personal integrity and service; we expect our graduates to be lifelong learners and responsible citizens well-prepared to help shape a changing world.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Canterbury School cost?
Canterbury School's tuition is approximately $25,600 for private students.
Does Canterbury School offer a summer program?
Yes, Canterbury School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Canterbury School offer?
Canterbury School offers 12 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball. Canterbury School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Florida for most sports offered.
What is Canterbury School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Canterbury School?
The application deadline for Canterbury School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
The school has been incredibly positive for my child who needed a small yet challenging environment. Whenever my child needs extra help, the faculty and staff have been extremely attentive. I feel that my child will be exceptionally well prepared for college and beyond as a result.
Absolutely love the culture and environment Canterbury provides for my child. Excellent for personal development and growth in becoming a young adult. The campus is big enough to give a college feel but still small enough to provide that feeling of family orientation. Canterbury offers arts and athletics in addition to the rigorous academic schedule that will well prepare these kids for post secondary education.
Canterbury is an incredibly positive, uplifting education experience. Students are challenged and supported in achieving their highest potential.
Endorse Canterbury School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.