Montessori School Of Fort Myers
5.00 (6 reviews)
- Tuition: $490 - $1,340 per month depending on students schedule.
- Ages: Infant - Grade 6 (6 weeks - 12 years old)
- Community Size: North Campus: 5 classrooms, up to 102 children, South Campus: 6 Classrooms, up to 94 children
- Facility: Both campuses are located in central Fort Myers. North Campus: 5,500 ft2 in the Barkley Circle Professional Office Park, South Campus: 5,000 ft2 nestled in the Villas residential neighborhood.
- An Accredited Montessori School: We are a private secular Montessori school. Our North Campus is accredited by national-level accreditation group AdvancEd. Our South Campus is accredited by both regional and national level accreditation groups including the American Montessori Society (AMS), Association of Independent Schools of Florida (AISF) and National Council for Private School Accreditation(NCPSA). Our South Campus school is recognized as a Gold Seal Quality Care Program by the Florida Department of Children and Families and we are also members of the International Montessori Council(IMC). Founded: 1969.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website www.mfortmyers.com for up-to-date tuition information.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Music Together Program, Piano Class
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- People that viewed Montessori School Of Fort Myers also viewed these schools: Crestwell School (Crestwell Higher Learning).
We love MSFM. 2 kids, six years later and we are just as happy with the care and skills that this school has brought to our kids as I was as on our initial walk through. I highly recommend this place, as it offers full and part time, they are friendly, clean and thorough. My kids have excelled above and beyond and following Montessori principals is just outstanding for them and for u as parents.
- Posted by Parent - Erin
Both of our children are now at MSFM, and after touring many area schools (like, seriously, MANY) we truly believe that MSFM was a hands-down the best environment for our kiddos. The teachers are caring and competent, and we have formed real relationships where I can message them with a question and get a response right back. I can see daily how much they sincerely care about and love my children. My son is in the toddler program and has become so independent. He is learning by leaps and bounds, and I never cease to be impressed with the work he is able to do both at school and at home. MSFM is a little pricier, but that is because it is a school (not a day care) and they focus on learning through certified Montessori instruction. We love MSFM!
- Posted by Parent - Erin S.
Our son loves his school, teachers, and friends! He`s a toddler who impresses family and strangers daily because of the independence, responsibility of self and kindness he has learned.
- Posted by Parent - Taylor
When myself and my husband visited MSFM for the first time we were blown away at how perfect this school was for our family and our son. Our son started the toddler program at 18 months and he is thriving. He loves going to school everyday. The calm and peaceful environment is perfect for growing and learning. The facility is beautiful and the outdoor spaces are top notch. The administration and teaching staff make this a very special place to go to school every day. We are grateful every day for MSFM.
- Posted by Parent - AdamsA
If you are looking for the best, most attentative and nurturing school around....look no further. Montessori School of Fort Myers exceeds our expectations on all levels. They have recently updated all of the classrooms and playgrounds with new and improved equipment. The teachers and staff are one of kind. We wouldn't send our kids to any other place. We love MSFM!!
- Posted by Parent - cenef
I can't recommend the Montessori School of Fort Myers highly enough. My 3 year old daughter has been going there for almost a year and she loves her friends and Ms. Joyce. I am currently pregnant and was so happy to find out they opened an infant class as I have to return to work shortly after my son is born. The school has also been through a few renovations lately and the facility looks a lot better than it did last year. As a mental health care professional I know the importance of the right environment during childhood development so I am glad to have my child enrolled in such a great montessori school.
- Posted by Parent - gilce
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.