5.00 (2 reviews)
- Pinnacle Academy is a private, non-denominational school, specializing in the education of students who have language-based learning differences.
- We offer an education for students in grade pre-K through 12.
- Our program is well-established and fully accredited. Our goal is to provide a low teacher to student ratio and evidence-based approaches to learning.
- We specialize in an approach to learning that incorporates multi-sensory, brain-based, and project-based learning methods.
- High school students may receive a standard diploma or prepare for a career.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Language-based, ADHD, anxiety, learning differences, twice-exceptional, HFA/AS|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 1 / rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SarasotaGrades: K-12 | 47 students
7333 International place
Sarasota, FL 34240
- BradentonGrades: K-12 | 77 students
2615 26th St W
Bradenton, FL 34205
My son has Asperger's and after attending several schools that didn't work for him, he attended Pinnacle Academy for five years from eighth onward. He found, what he describes as "a home" at Pinnacle. Pinnacle Academy has a nurturing environment and a unique ability to truly teach each student`s individual learning styles within a classroom. There is such a positive vibe on campus, you know everyone that works there loves what they do, but also has a deep commitment to every student and family that attends Pinnacle. My son flourished at Pinnacle and is currently a college freshman living on campus.
- Posted by Parent - Jenn Chaplin
I have recently moved to Sarasota. I am a Speech and Language Pathologist who speicalizes in working with students on the autistic spectrum. I would like to visit.
- Posted by Administrator - jagol
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.