5.00 (2 reviews)
- Pinnacle Academy is a private, non-denominational school, specializing in the education of students who have language-based learning differences.
- We offer an education for students in grade pre-K through 12.
- Our program is well-established and fully accredited. Our goal is to provide a low teacher to student ratio and evidence-based approaches to learning.
- We specialize in an approach to learning that incorporates multi-sensory, brain-based, and project-based learning methods.
- High school students may receive a standard diploma or prepare for a career.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Language-based, ADHD, anxiety, learning differences, twice-exceptional, HFA/AS|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 1 / rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sarasota Grades: PK-12 | 121 students
7333 International place
Sarasota, FL 34240
(941)907-3443 3.8 PK-12
My son has Asperger's and after attending several schools that didn't work for him, he attended Pinnacle Academy for five years from eighth onward. He found, what he describes as "a home" at Pinnacle. Pinnacle Academy has a nurturing environment and a unique ability to truly teach each student`s individual learning styles within a classroom. There is such a positive vibe on campus, you know everyone that works there loves what they do, but also has a deep commitment to every student and family that attends Pinnacle. My son flourished at Pinnacle and is currently a college freshman living on campus.
- Posted by Parent - Jenn Chaplin
I have recently moved to Sarasota. I am a Speech and Language Pathologist who speicalizes in working with students on the autistic spectrum. I would like to visit.
- Posted by Administrator - jagol
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.