Mary Queen Of Apostles School
Tel: (724) 339-4411
- Serving the Greater New Kensington Area and surrounding communities, Mary Queen of Apostles School educates the total child - developing minds, building character, and strengthening faith.
- We stress the academic and spiritual development of each child in a Christ-centered learning community through relationships and actions that model Christian values and beliefs.
- We strive to maintain high standards of conduct and heightened accountability in academics and the development of age-appropriate skills.
- We guide the spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional, and social growth of children and youth. We provide a safe and nurturing environment, promoting respect for the dignity of each person and emphasizing individual responsibility.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 30 / Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,335|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact us for information on average tuition costs through financial aid awards. Financial aid available through FACTS application process.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Fliss|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Farrell|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chorus, Christmas Concert, Design Technology, First Lego League Robotics, Forensics, Intramural Activities, National History Day, Newspaper, Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science, Pittsburgh Regional Science & Engineering Fair, Robotics, Science Clubs, Spelling Bee Club, Spring Concert, Spring Musical, Westmoreland Interscholastic Reading Club|
Club or Organization:
Conductive Sewing, Kindness Club, Math Club, Sewing Club
- With a plan for the future of Catholic education in the Alle-Kiski Valley, Mary Queen of Apostles School serves over 200 students in preschool through eighth grade. Along with an excellent academic curriculum, worship and service are a fundamental part of each student`s educational experience. Weekly Mass, celebrations of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and a variety of devotions expose our students to the rich traditions of the liturgical year. A strong tradition of community service and outreach to those in need help our students put their faith into practice in a real way, supporting our mission.
- MQA is on the move! In addition to our long-time Freeport Road site for preschool to grade three at Mt. St. Peters, our students in grades 4-8 will now attend classes at the former Greenwald School site, at the corner of Freeport and Elmtree Roads. Our new building affords us an improved atmosphere while we continue to provide our students a Christ-centered learning community and a solid founda-tion in fundamentals with a challenging, extensive, and evolving curriculum.
- * Religious education program with prayer, worship, and service
- * Culture of moral development and respect
- * STEM program, or Science, Technology, Engineering and Math includes hands-on science, coding and computer programming, pre-engineering program, advanced math classes, and interest electives
- * Strong fine arts program including band, instrumental options, chorus, liturgical music, art, and drama
- * Commitment to grade-level research, writing, and presentation
- * A strong language arts program including phonics, grammar, and handwriting components
- * A wide array of extracurricular activities including reading club, science clubs, forensic team, and science and history competition opportunities
- * Specialized classes in all areas with PA certified teachers
- We invite everyone to become partners in our endeavors of offering a caring, enhanced educational environment, continued academic excellence, a faith-based education, and opportunities for student success at MQA.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cheswick Grades: K-12 | 151 students
1407 Pittsburgh St
Cheswick, PA 15024
(724) 274-4846 4 K-12
- Verona Grades: PK-12 | 282 students
700 Idaho Ave.
Verona, PA 15147
(412) 793-5884 6 PK-12
- Monroeville Grades: PK-8 | 303 students
245 Azalea Dr
Monroeville, PA 15146
(412) 372-7255 10 PK-8
- Murrysville Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
3264 Evergreen Dr
Murrysville, PA 15668
(724) 733-8840 11.3 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?