Redeemer Lutheran School
Tel: (412) 793-5884
- Redeemer Lutheran School seeks to offer a Christian education to as many pupils as possible.
- We admit students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of our educational policies, admissions policies, and other school administered programs. Although we follow this policy there are certain priorities we follow in admitting students to the school family.
- The mission of Redeemer Lutheran School is to teach children the Gospel of Jesus Christ in truth and purity according to the Holy Scriptures, which tells us to make disciples of all nations.
- Authority in Redeemer Lutheran School is based in the Holy Scriptures as understood in the Law and the Gospel.
- It is the Gospel which is the motivating force.
- The Law will show the Christian his shortcomings, give him a goal to strive for, and show him direction.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||282 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(collared shirts, khakis)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,280|
|Tuition Notes||Additional cost for high school $1500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Alison Jackson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Mad Science, Mission Trips, National Honor Society, Robotics, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Class, Band, Musical Instrument Instruction, Musical Theatre Production
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cheswick Grades: K-12 | 151 students
1407 Pittsburgh St
Cheswick, PA 15024
(724) 274-4846 2 K-12
- New Kensington Grades: PK-8 | 217 students
110 Elmtree Road
New Kensington, PA 15068
(724) 339-4411 6 PK-8
- Pittsburgh Grades: K-8 | 278 students
418 Unity Center Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15239
(412) 793-0555 3.4 K-8
- Pittsburgh Grades: NS-5 | 118 students
620 Squaw Run Road East
Pittsburgh, PA 15238
(412) 963-8644 3.5 NS-5
- Verona Grades: K-8 | 149 students
825 2nd St
Verona, PA 15147
(412) 828-7213 1 K-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.