Mastro Montessori Academy
Tel: (732) 219-5400
- The preschool years are the most critical in a child's development.
- There is no better way to support a child's cognitive development than by attending a Montessori preschool.
- There is no better place to see the Montessori method in action than the Mastro Montessori Preschool and Elementary School in Shrewsbury.
- We are an AMI certified Montessori school that offers children from 15 months and up a unique learning environment based on the scientifically established Montessori method.
- The Montessori method, uniformly recommended by early childhood educators and pediatric psychologists, emphasizes hands-on self-guided instruction with specially developed Montessori materials that encourage independent learning.
- Each student explores the world at his or her pace.
- At Mastro Montessori, children are free to be themselves and explore their passions in a warm, safe, nurturing environment.
- Conveniently located off of Highway 35, our beautiful campus features an outdoor garden and play area.
- Our preschool and elementary school offer math, reading, science, history, art, music, gardening, cooking, and other forms of exploration under the guidance of experienced, dedicated staff.
- We are so proud of our school and would welcome the opportunity for you to see for yourself what we can offer your child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Not Available (School did not report any membership associatons).
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||114 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,099|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates between $12,099 to $16,560.|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art Club, Photography Club
- The Vincent S. Mastro Montessori Academy was founded in 1968 in accordance with the standards established by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), the descendant organization from Maria Montessori and the recognized authority on Montessori pedagogy and teacher training. The program consists of two primary classrooms for ages three to six and one lower elementary class for ages six to nine as well as an early preschool program for ages 18 months to three. Each class is directed by a professional Montessori directress who has earned an AMI Diploma in addition to an undergraduate degree. AMI training for both primary and elementary teaching consists of nine months of full-time postgraduate training at a certified teacher-training institute. All instruction, including practical life exercises, sensorial materials, language and mathematics in the primary classes and cosmic education in the elementary class is conducted in accordance with the principles of AMI.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shrewsbury Grades: PK-K | 109 students
174 Patterson Ave
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
(732) 530-1442 0.5 PK-K
- Spring Lake Grades: NS-8
2307 Railroad Ave.
Spring Lake, NJ 07762
(732) 449-0500 12.1 NS-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.