Mastro Montessori Academy
- The preschool years are the most critical in a child's development.
- There is no better way to jump-start a child's cognitive development than by attending a Montessori preschool.
- And there is no better place to see the Montessori method in action than the Mastro Montessori Preschool and Elementary School in Little Silver.
- We are an AMI certified Montessori school that offers children from 18 months and up a unique learning environment based on the scientifically established Montessori method.
- The Montessori method, uniformly recommended by early childhood educators and pediatric psychologists, emphasizes hands-on self-guided instruction with specially developed Montessori materials that encourages independent learning.
- Each student explores the world at his or her pace.
- At Mastro Montessori, children are free to be themselves and explore their passions in a warm, safe, nurturing environment.
- Conveniently located off of Branch Avenue in quaint Little Silver, our beautiful campus features an outdoor garden and play area.
- Our preschool and elementary school offers math, reading, science, history, art, music, gardening, cooking and other forms of exploration under the guidance of an experienced, dedicated staff.
- Your child will love being here. Come see our preschool during an open House every Thursday morning.
- We are so proud of our school and would welcome the opportunity for you to see for yourself what we can offer your child. Please call Kristin at 732-842-5816 to RSVP.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Not Available (School did not report any membership associatons).
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The Vincent S. Mastro Montessori Academy was founded in 1968 in accordance with the standards established by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), the descendant organization from Maria Montessori and the recongnized authority on Montessori pedagogy and teacher training. The program consists of two primary classrooms for ages three to six and one lower elementary class for ages six to nine as well as an early preschool program for ages 18 months to three. Each class is directed by a professional Montessori directress who has earned an AMI Diploma in addition to an undergraduate degree. AMI training for both primary and elementary teaching consists of nine months of full-time postgraduate training at a certified teacher-training institute. All instruction, including practical life exercises, sensorial materials, language and mathematics in the primary classes and cosmic education in the elementary class is conducted in accordance with the principles of AMI.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spring LakeGrades: NS-8
2307 Railroad Ave.
Spring Lake, NJ 07762
- ShrewsburyGrades: PK-1 | 200 students
160 Avenue At The Common Ste 3
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
- ShrewsburyGrades: K | 67 students
174 Patterson Ave
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.