Maumee Valley Country Day School
Tel: (419) 381-1312
The School's mission is to enable students to become enlightened, compassionate and contributing citizens of our global community, while preparing graduates for their best opportunities in higher education.
Maumee Valley Country Day School seeks to admit motivated students with strong academic potential and diverse abilities and backgrounds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||543 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, Statistics, United States History, English Language & Composition|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PreK - $,6440-$16,950 Kindergarten and 1st - $17,950 Grades 2 - 5 - $18,950 Grades 6 - 9 - $19,950 Grades 10 - 12 - $20,950|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mike House|
|Admissions Associate||Muna Joshi|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Track and Field
- Maumee Valley is more than a campus, it is a community of learners, a way of life; it is the way we engage with the world. A Maumee Valley education is a personal journey of discovery and of action. Through carefully crafted experiences and an intentional culture of exploration and passion, we launch each student toward discovery of the world and their place in it.
- In a richly multicultural environment, Maumee Valley encourages and inspires respect for others and develops creativity, collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and character in every student. Above all else, a Maumee Valley education is personal, experiential, and global. We inspire and support each child to develop into an interesting and inquisitive person, with the skills, confidence and foundation necessary for success in college and in life.
- At Maumee Valley, we are proud of our history of teaching to students` passions and not to standardized tests, of recognizing that students learn best by doing, and of believing that creativity, innovation, and joy are at the core of what is best in education. Our students are engaged, passionate, and successful. They not only believe that they can make a difference in the world, by the time they graduate they already have.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Toledo Grades: NS-12 | 74 students
5701 W Sylvania Avenue
Toledo, OH 43623
(419) 885-5334 5.8 NS-12
- Toledo Grades: NS-7 | 23 students
5132 Harvest Lane
Toledo, OH 43623
(419) 474-6989 7.1 NS-7
- Toledo Grades: 7-12 | 689 students
2323 W Bancroft St
Toledo, OH 43607
(419) 531-1618 5.1 7-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.