Mc Lean School Of Maryland
5.00 (1 review)
Mc Lean School Of Maryland Photo #3 - Celebrating strengths and abilities. Recognizing and supporting challenges - but never defining students by them.
Mc Lean School Of Maryland Photo #5 - 91% of parents report their child's self-esteem increased after starting McLean.
- McLean`s Abilities Model helps bright students--both conventional learners and those with learning challenges ranging from dyslexia, anxiety and ADHD, to difficulties with executive functioning--to succeed at school and in life.
- By focusing on each child`s strengths, supporting in areas of individual challenge and fostering resilience, we are transforming how our students view themselves and their prospects.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia and Mild to Moderate Learning Challenges, Executive Functioning, ADHD and Anxiety|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||436 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,990|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $25,990 to $45,990 depending on grade.|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,000|
|Admissions Director||Cathy Patterson|
|Admissions Associate||Taryn Tenney|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Softball, Track and Field,
- K-12 College Preparatory School
- Robost extracurricular offerings in the Arts, Athletics, Music, and Robotics
- The strength of our program is reflected in our college admissions, which echo the range of interests and abilities of our graduates. Upper School graduates have gained acceptance to highly selective colleges and universities, including Boston College Honors Program, Brandeis, Berklee College of Music, High Point, Howard, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Smith College, Syracuse University's School of Communications, and Tulane, among others. Over the last 3 years, our seniors have received over $4 million in merit aid.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Potomac Grades: NS-12 | 777 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
(301)299-8500 0.7 NS-12
- Bethesda Grades: NS-2 | 98 students
7701 Bradley Blvd.
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301)365-1100 2.9 NS-2
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
(202)537-6900 6.3 PK-12
Both of our girls attend the McLean School. Our youngest attends the Middle School and is a traditional learner. Our oldest attends the Upper School and has mild to moderate learning challenges. We love McLean's small class sizes. The girls are supported academically and socially by experienced and qualified teachers, specialist and administrators. Most importantly, McLean has a supportive and friendly environment that fosters physical, emotional, social, and intellectual growth. It is a place where our children are happy, thriving and can live up to their full potential. The girls often say that "It feels like I have been here my whole life." We have heard Mr. Saxenian say that McLean is transformative. In fact, it has been transformative and life-changing for our family.
- Posted by Parent - Tselaine Jones Smith
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.