McNicholas High School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked OH School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 521 students
- Yearly Tuition: $12,800
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- Hands Across Campus honored by IJPC for promoting diversity - 10/11/2022McNicholas student organization Hands Across Campus (HAC) was honored for their compassionate leadership by the Intercommunity Justice and Peace Center (IJPC). At their annual gathering, IJPC awarded the first ...moreYouth Justice Award to HAC for their work to promote justice, diversity, and inclusion at McNicholas and in the community. hide
- McNicholas introduces Leadership McNick - 09/06/2022McNicholas is excited to unveil Leadership McNick, its newest initiative in the development of compassionate leaders. Leadership McNick is a four-year, intentional growth experience that combines high-quality leadership training with ...moresmall-group relationship building, retreat programming, vocation and career exploration, and formal and informal mentoring. hide
- Rocket Learning Community opens inaugural year with service project - 08/31/2022Partnering with Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, members of the RLC collected and packed hygiene kits to send to Manna from Heaven Outreach, a group working to support the people ...moreof Eastern Kentucky who were devastated by the recent flooding. With a focus on Community, Curiosity, and Creativity, the RLC provides students with the opportunity to learn through community engagement. hide
- Junior earns superior rating and STEM scholarship at State Science Fair - 08/24/2022Junior Remington Holder earned a superior rating for his project "Low Level vs High Level Programming Languages" at the State Science Fair this summer. He was awarded a $3000 STEM ...morescholarship for 4 years at Ohio Northern University for this accomplishment. hide
- McNicholas teachers featured as 'Role Models of Faith' in Catholic Telegraph - 08/09/2022McNicholas is proud of and grateful for theology teachers Mrs. Mary Beth Sandmann and Mr. Jeff Hutchinson-Smyth who were featured in the August issue of The Catholic Telegraph as "Role ...moreModels of Faith." hide
- Coach Orlando honored by Cincinnati Bengals - 07/25/2022Congratulations to Head Football Coach Mike Orlando who won the Paul Brown Excellence in Coaching Award from the Cincinnati Bengals. The award includes a $10,000 Bengals donation to the McNicholas ...moreAthletic Department. hide
- Three-sport athlete wins State Wrestling Title - 03/17/2022Congratulations to senior wrestler Pierce Taylor who captured the Division 3 State wrestling title at 144 pounds. Pierce is a stand-out on the mat, earning back-to-back GCL Coed Championships, Sectional ...moreChampionships, and District Championships, as well as GCL Coed Wrestler of the Year titles. hide
- 7% of senior class recognized by National Merit Scholarship Corporation - 09/27/2021In addition to the three seniors announced on Sept. 15 as semifinalists in the 2021 National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) program, six are being recognized as Commended Students: Emma Clemons, ...moreAndrew Collette, Bobby Fechtel, Emily Fridley, Zach Geiser, and Joe Walters. hide
- Three Rockets named National Merit Semifinalists - 09/15/2021McNicholas High School is proud to announce that seniors Ethan Koran, Erin McManus, and Jason Munzel are semifinalists in the 2021 National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) program. Semifinalists represent the ...moretop 0.5% of seniors nationwide based on the results of the PSAT/NMSQT test the students took as juniors. hide
- Senior named Presidential Scholar Semifinalist - 04/29/2021Senior Anna Rahner has been named a semifinalist in the 2021 U.S. Presidential Scholars Program, landing her among the top 0.0002% of graduating seniors in the United States.
- Senior wins silver in National Scholastic Art competition - 04/13/2021Senior Isabella Bonner was awarded a Silver Medal in the National Scholastic Art and Writing Awards competition for her exceptional work in ceramics.
- Senior places second in state poetry competition - 03/11/2021Senior Jakob Tucker placed second in the Ohio Poetry Out Loud competition.Poetry Out Loud is a national arts education program that sponsors a dynamic recitation competition for high schools across ...morethe country. This program helps students master public speaking skills and build self-confidence while learning more about classic and contemporary poetry. hide
- ...read more
McNicholas High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Academic Team, Anime Club, Art & Craft Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Crew Leadership Team, Ecology Club, Gamers Unplugged, Hands Across Campus, Hope Squad, Improv Troupe, International Thespian Society Honor Society, International Thespian Troupe, Latin Honor Society, Launch Pad, Maker's Club, McNick Boutique, McNick Broadcasting, Mock Trial, Mu Alpha Theta – Mathematics Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, Octavio Paz Chapter National Spanish Honor Society, Peer Mentors, Photo Club, Robotics, Rockets For Life, Saint Vincent De Paul Youth Conference, Science National Honor Society, Ski Club, Société Honoraire de Français, Spanish Club, The National Honor Society, Theology & Philosophy Club, Tri-M Music Honor Society
- McNick teachers know their students well--we have a 12:1 student to teacher ratio.
- Our students live in 30 area zip codes and attend 49 churches.Our students earned $32 million in college scholarships in 2020/2021.
- Our students volunteer over 15,000 hours of Christian service each year.
- 92% of our students participate in our 40 clubs and 26 GCL athletic teams.
- We have received the Governor`s Award for Excellence in STEM Education for 30 consecutive years.
- 73% of our faculty holds advanced degrees and they logged over 520 hours of professional development in Summer 2020.
- Our students are challenged with 19 Advanced Placement courses and 82% of students scored 3+ on AP tests.
- Over 45 Appalachia retreats and over 125 of Kairos retreats have empowered thousands of Rockets for lives of active discipleship.
- We have had over 25 OHSAA State Tournament championship appearances.
- 21 of our students earned National Merit Awards in 2019-2021.
- We partner with 3 area universities for College Credit Plus programs.
- 69% of our students receive financial assistance.
- We have 25 fine and performing arts electives.
- 98% of our students attend college after graduation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does McNicholas High School cost?
McNicholas High School's tuition is approximately $12,800 for private students.
What sports does McNicholas High School offer?
McNicholas High School offers 18 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track and Wrestling. McNicholas High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for most sports offered.
What is McNicholas High School's ranking?
McNicholas High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for: Largest student body, Most AP courses offered, Most sports offered and Most extracurriculars offered.
When is the application deadline for McNicholas High School?
The application deadline for McNicholas High School is Dec. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Dec. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse McNicholas High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards