McNicholas High School
- Top Ranked OH School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 521 students
- Yearly Tuition: $11,895
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 1 / rolling
- 7% of senior class recognized by National Merit Scholarship Corporation - 09/27/2021In addition to the three seniors announced on Sept. 15 as semifinalists in the 2021 National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) program, six are being recognized as Commended Students: Emma Clemons, Andrew Collette, Bobby Fechtel, Emily Fridley, Zach Geiser, and Joe Walters.
- Three Rockets named National Merit Semifinalists - 09/15/2021McNicholas High School is proud to announce that seniors Ethan Koran, Erin McManus, and Jason Munzel are semifinalists in the 2021 National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) program. Semifinalists represent the top 0.5% of seniors nationwide based on the results of the PSAT/NMSQT test the students took as juniors.
- Junior wins first prize and scholarship at State Science Fair - 08/24/2021After taking first place at the McNicholas Science Fair and earning a $3000 scholarship at the Regional Science Fair, junior Gia Guessford presented her project at the State Science Fair this summer where she scored a superior rating and won first prize for the Milt Austin Aquatic Science Award. In addition, Gia received a scholarship to The Ohio State University`s Stone Laboratory where she will have the opportunity to earn college credit through hands-on study experiences on Lake Erie.
- Senior named Presidential Scholar Semifinalist - 04/29/2021Senior Anna Rahner has been named a semifinalist in the 2021 U.S. Presidential Scholars Program, landing her among the top 0.0002% of graduating seniors in the United States.
- Senior wins silver in National Scholastic Art competition - 04/13/2021Senior Isabella Bonner was awarded a Silver Medal in the National Scholastic Art and Writing Awards competition for her exceptional work in ceramics.
- Senior places second in state poetry competition - 03/11/2021Senior Jakob Tucker placed second in the Ohio Poetry Out Loud competition.Poetry Out Loud is a national arts education program that sponsors a dynamic recitation competition for high schools across the country. This program helps students master public speaking skills and build self-confidence while learning more about classic and contemporary poetry.
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Academic Team, Anime Club, Art & Craft Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Crew Leadership Team, Ecology Club, Gamers Unplugged, Hands Across Campus, Hope Squad, Improv Troupe, International Thespian Society Honor Society, International Thespian Troupe, Latin Honor Society, Launch Pad, Maker's Club, McNick Boutique, McNick Broadcasting, Mock Trial, Mu Alpha Theta – Mathematics Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, Octavio Paz Chapter National Spanish Honor Society, Peer Mentors, Photo Club, Robotics, Rockets For Life, Saint Vincent De Paul Youth Conference, Science National Honor Society, Ski Club, Société Honoraire de Français, Spanish Club, The National Honor Society, Theology & Philosophy Club, Tri-M Music Honor Society
- McNick teachers know their students well--we have a 12:1 student to teacher ratio.
- Our students live in 30 area zip codes and attend 49 churches.Our students earned $32 million in college scholarships in 2020/2021.
- Our students volunteer over 15,000 hours of Christian service each year.
- 92% of our students participate in our 40 clubs and 26 GCL athletic teams.
- We have received the Governor`s Award for Excellence in STEM Education for 30 consecutive years.
- 73% of our faculty holds advanced degrees and they logged over 520 hours of professional development in Summer 2020.
- Our students are challenged with 19 Advanced Placement courses and 82% of students scored 3+ on AP tests.
- Over 45 Appalachia retreats and over 125 of Kairos retreats have empowered thousands of Rockets for lives of active discipleship.
- We have had over 25 OHSAA State Tournament championship appearances.
- 21 of our students earned National Merit Awards in 2019-2021.
- We partner with 3 area universities for College Credit Plus programs.
- 69% of our students receive financial assistance.
- We have 25 fine and performing arts electives.
- 98% of our students attend college after graduation.
Endorse McNicholas High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards