Guardian Angels Elementary School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Guardian Angels Catholic School is dedicated to teaching students to learn about the Catholic faith in an environment where Christian values are taught and modeled. We are preparing our students to be active participants in the Church's social mission.
- Our goal is to partner with parents to provide their children an education of the highest quality and and to build a strong foundation for success into their high school years and beyond.
- Our blended learning and individualized attention gives students the tools they need to succeed and grow.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$160|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Per week|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool rates vary based on # days. Full time is $4200.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Staudohar|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Staudohar|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
- Catholic Schools are caring. They build community.
- Faithful Beginnings Preschool - Watching over what you care about most- Our preschool has an atmosphere of care, concern, and love within a supportive faith community. We have seamless Kindergarten transition plans. All children are encouraged to participate and have fun in our safe and nurturing environment. For ages 33 months to 5 years.
- Guardian Angels Catholic School Our Faith, Our Children, Our Future - GA is a k-8 Catholic school.
- Our goal is to partner with parents to provide their children an education of the highest quality and to build a strong foundation for success in their high school years and beyond.
- Our daily core curriculum consists of religion, math, social studies, reading, literature, phonics, grammar and science. Our students also study Spanish, have one-to-one technology, music and physical education.
- We offer learning options beyond the classroom including band, choir, Spanish, Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Soccer, Outdoor Garden and service opportunities.
- We offer before and after school care.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chanhassen Grades: PK-8 | 634 students
8201 Main Street
Chanhassen, MN 55317
(952)934-6003 5.9 PK-8
- Jordan Grades: NS-6 | 109 students
215 Broadway St N
Jordan, MN 55352
(952)492-2030 8.2 NS-6
- Savage Grades: PK-8 | 502 students
12508 Lynn Ave
Savage, MN 55378
(952)890-6604 13 PK-8
- Shakopee Grades: PK-8 | 717 students
2700 17th Ave E
Shakopee, MN 55379
(952)445-3387 6 PK-8
We''ve been at GA for 4 years now. It's the best decision we ever made for our children's education. Small class sizes, individual attention with the ablity for children to be leaders. The teachers are nurturing anc caring. I feels like a family at GA!
- Posted by Parent - kris.
GA is like a big extended family that provides a strong emotional base for my children -- a base that enables them to shine. The teachers are second to none. They have a gift of instilling a love of learning in our children and challenging them to reach their limits.
- Posted by Parent - kjs
Guardian Angels schools is not flashy nor does it pretend to have every bell and whistle that tends to be the mark of schools on the cutting edge of education. However, what it does have is a solid understanding of the whole person and the importance of real relationships at the community, family and individual level. As someone who has spend her life in higher education in both the role of a professor and administrator, I see many students coming out of the K-12 system searching for self identity and continuing to wrestle with understanding how to prioritize life choices. GA provides meaningful experiences that allow the modern student search for soul a more guided journey. In my professional and personal experience, I have found that seeing education as a skill based or vocation based endeavor is not enough. Educators must collectively recognize education is meant to improve and develop for the whole person. This is the only way for any student to turn content learning into real knowledge and understanding. I am grateful my children have been able to take part in meeting such a noble mission. Parents were not meant to raise children alone. Schools - and communities - like GA make a huge difference!
- Posted by Parent - wsyns
My son is finishing his first year at GA, and my favorite thing about the school in addition to small class sizes, and a very dedicated staff is the fact that every kid at GA gets to have, what I like to call, a "big fish" moment. It is a small community, and through out the year there is an opportunity for every kid to shine! We love GA!
- Posted by Parent - dena_
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.