St. Ursula Villa School
5.00 (9 reviews)
Tel: (513) 871-7218
St. Ursula Villa School Photo #4 - The Villa Way where we enjoy flat play space and educational areas.
St. Ursula Villa offers outstanding Toddler through Junior High programs for boys and girls on our unique 22-acre campus in Mt. Lookout. Featuring robust enrichment experiences to develop the whole person and dynamic teachers to stimulate and engage learning, the Villa prepares students for success in high school and beyond.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||resources available as needed.|
|Total Students||392 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Boys: shorts/pants, golf shirts. Girls: jumpers, skorts, shorts and golf shirts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,315|
|Tuition Notes||tuition ranges from $3294 (Toddler 2-Day half-day) to $13315 (junior high program)|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marta Runnels|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chi Alpha Omega, Cub/Boy Scouts, Daisy/Girl Scouts, Destination Imagination, Girls on the Run, Math Club, Scouts, Student Council
- A St. Ursula Villa education is characterized by the Villa Values: Education. Faith, Community. Every student is prepared for their most promising future and to achieve their fullest potential through small class sizes, individualized instruction, and nurturing of the whole child.
- Curriculum features of K - 8 foreign language options of Spanish or French with additional Junior High option of Latin; small, ability-based Math classes 3 - 8; programs of small group extension and Advanced Enrichment Math; specialty classes preschool - 8 of Art, Music & Physical Education; Outdoor Education and STEM Enrichment; extracurricular activities of clubs, sports, and other growth opportunities.
- Cincinnati's only Ursuline elementary school, we offer a unique educational experience based on the legacy of St. Angela Merici.
- At St. Ursula Villa, we hold as our core values the following characteristics of an Ursuline education: ...the Christ-centered spirit of St. Angela Merici is a guiding factor in the school... the recognition of the dignity and gifts of all students... an emphasis on the development of the whole person... academic excellence in all subjects... commitment to Christian service... an emphasis on diversity within the school... personal care for the individual... a spirit of optimism and openness... a strong family spirit within the school.
- The Villa's extraordinary community of active, engaged parents partner with dedicated faculty to create a dynamic, family-centered school environment.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cincinnati Grades: K-12 | 142 students
1810 Young St
Cincinnati, OH 45202
(513) 763-6655 4.2 K-12
- Cincinnati Grades: PK-8 | 437 students
927 Ellison Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45226
(513) 321-1048 0.7 PK-8
Our Villa journey so far has been a rewarding one. The early childhood program - which we have experienced both via their Montessori and Traditional offerings - has given our kids a wonderful foundation for not just a great academic future (one far exceeding Kindergarten Readiness expectations and the other set to), but more importantly, fostered their confidence, appreciation off and respect for others and the environment, and a love of learning. The school community is welcoming, supportive, and very active as well - you really do feel like part of a family at the Villa.We enrolled our oldest back at the Villa in the fall, due to education challenges experienced as a result of remote learning at her school. It has been everything we could have hoped for and more. Thanks to the wonderful staff and kids, she felt welcomed and comfortable right away. She is very engaged in her classes, performing well, and her unique needs are being met. The best part is that our daughter is happy and loves school again. Re: pandemic-related handling, they have done a very good job of keeping families informed and implementing protocols to keep everyone safe. We know our kids are well cared for at the Villa.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Our three children currently attend St. Ursula Villa; one is in Intermediate, one in Primary, and one in Early Childhood. We have been so very impressed with the level of care and dedication given to our daughters throughout the years. It is evident they are all valued and loved by their teachers. It is so reassuring as a parent to know they are in such good hands. The student body is kind and respectful as a whole. I love that they get character-development instruction and religious formation as part of their educational journey. Of course we also value the strong focus on academics and how Villa educators guide students to become lifelong learners. Ultimately, my daughters are happy and thriving and we feel very blessed to be part of such an amazing community.
- Posted by Parent - Lisa
Sending our children to St. Ursula Villa was one of the best decisions that we have ever made for our children. All of our children received an exceptional education as well as wonderful religious and moral values. Our children have been blessed to have received acceptances at wonderful colleges all over the country including University of Michigan, Notre Dame and Harvard. As one child is preparing to graduate from Law School this year, and another child is preparing to enter Medical School in the fall, we give a great deal of credit for their success to St. Ursula Villa and how it prepared our children for their future education.
- Posted by Parent - Marianne Scott Emmert
St Ursula Villa nurtures each student as an individual with emphasis on academic excellence, faith, and community. The teachers are dedicated to helping each student be successful in the classroom and beyond. They have inspired my son to expand his knowledge, to help others through community service opportunities, and to become a more faith filled individual.
- Posted by Parent - Jessica
We've part of the Villa family for the past 4 years and are getting ready for our youngest to finally start his journey. The teachers and administrators are top notch and so loving. The community is something very special and we love being part of such an enriching and caring school.
- Posted by Parent - Kristian
St. Ursula Villa is a great school to develop well rounded students. The curriculum is challenging, the teachers are engaged and supportive and the Villa community of parents is fantastic. The school does a great job in preparing its students to be successful in high school.
- Posted by Parent - Jim
One of the Villa's key assets is its faculty and staff. The teachers nuture each student as an individual. They personally get to know each child, their learning styles, interests, strengths and challenges. The rigorous academic program is balanced with an emphasis on faith and community.
- Posted by Parent - JM
St. Ursula Villa provided the academic, spiritual and social foundation that helped my daughters achieve success in high school and college. At the Villa they learned how to study effectively, to strive for excellence, to support one-another with kindness and respect, and to be stewards of their community. The Villa provided them with wonderful memories that they will enjoy for a lifetime.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of Villa Graduates
Top-notch education, high-standards with a "whole" child approach, small class size--all three of my children thrive and they have very different strengths and challenges. Plus the Villa community is so strong, a huge benefit for our family.
- Posted by Parent - etjon
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.