St. Ursula Villa School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- St. Ursula Villa, a coeducational Catholic elementary school in the Ursuline tradition, nurtures the whole child, fosters academic excellence, and instills a Christ-centered commitment to society.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||resources available as needed.|
|Total Students||455 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Boys: shorts/pants, golf shirts. Girls: jumpers, skorts, shorts and golf shirts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,968|
|Tuition Notes||tuition ranges from $2420 (Toddler 2-Day half-day) to $11968 (junior high program)|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marta Runnels|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBallet, Baseball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chi Alpha Omega, Cub/Boy Scouts, Daisy/Girl Scouts, Destination Imagination, Math Club, National Junior Honor Society, Science Club, Scouts, Student Council
- A St. Ursula Villa education is characterized by the Villa Values: Education. Faith, Community. Every student is prepared for their most promising future and to achieve their fullest potential through small class sizes, individualized instruction, and nurturing of the whole child.
- Curriculum features of K - 8 foreign language options of Spanish or French with additional Junior High option of Latin; small, ability-based Math classes 3 - 8; programs of Learning Enrichment, small group extension, and Advanced Enrichment Math; specialty classes preschool - 8 of Art, Music,& Physical Education; Outdoor Education and STEM Enrichment; extracurricular activities of clubs, sports, and other growth opportunities.
- Cincinnati's only Ursuline elementary school, we offer a unique educational experience based on the legacy of St. Angela Merici.
- At St. Ursula Villa, we hold as our core values the following characteristics of an Ursuline education: ...the Christ-centered spirit of St. Angela Merici is a guiding factor in the school... the recognition of the dignity and gifts of all students... an emphasis on the development of the whole person... academic excellence in all subjects... commitment to Christian service... an emphasis on diversity within the school... personal care for the individual... a spirit of optimism and openness... a strong family spirit within the school.
- The Villa's extraordinary community of active, engaged parents partner with dedicated faculty to create a dynamic, family-centered school environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CincinnatiGrades: NS-12 | 870 students
6905 Given Road
Cincinnati, OH 45243
- CincinnatiGrades: NS-8 | 602 students
4475 Mount Carmel Tobasco Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45244
- CincinnatiGrades: K-11 | 91 students
2041 Courtland Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45212
- CincinnatiGrades: K-12 | 145 students
1810 Young St
Cincinnati, OH 45202
- CincinnatiGrades: NS-12 | 1031 students
2161 Grandin Road
Cincinnati, OH 45208
One of the Villa's key assets is its faculty and staff. The teachers nuture each student as an individual. They personally get to know each child, their learning styles, interests, strengths and challenges. The rigorous academic program is balanced with an emphasis on faith and community.
- Posted by Parent - JM
St. Ursula Villa provided the academic, spiritual and social foundation that helped my daughters achieve success in high school and college. At the Villa they learned how to study effectively, to strive for excellence, to support one-another with kindness and respect, and to be stewards of their community. The Villa provided them with wonderful memories that they will enjoy for a lifetime.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of Villa Graduates
Top-notch education, high-standards with a "whole" child approach, small class size--all three of my children thrive and they have very different strengths and challenges. Plus the Villa community is so strong, a huge benefit for our family.
- Posted by Parent - etjon
Rigorous academic standards; individualized approach to students education; fabulous teachers who instill a confidence in the students while maintaining high expectations; the spiritual and community elements are hard to measure but create an environment where the students are excited to learn and thrive. Repeatedly produce high-performing high school students.
- Posted by Parent - etjon
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.