St. Ursula Villa School
5.00 (7 reviews)
St. Ursula Villa School Photo #4 - The Villa Way where we enjoy flat play space and educational areas.
- St. Ursula Villa, a coeducational Catholic elementary school in the Ursuline tradition, nurtures the whole child, fosters academic excellence, and instills a Christ-centered commitment to society.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||resources available as needed.|
|Total Students||455 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Boys: shorts/pants, golf shirts. Girls: jumpers, skorts, shorts and golf shirts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,968|
|Tuition Notes||tuition ranges from $2420 (Toddler 2-Day half-day) to $11968 (junior high program)|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marta Runnels|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBallet, Baseball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chi Alpha Omega, Cub/Boy Scouts, Daisy/Girl Scouts, Destination Imagination, Math Club, National Junior Honor Society, Science Club, Scouts, Student Council
- A St. Ursula Villa education is characterized by the Villa Values: Education. Faith, Community. Every student is prepared for their most promising future and to achieve their fullest potential through small class sizes, individualized instruction, and nurturing of the whole child.
- Curriculum features of K - 8 foreign language options of Spanish or French with additional Junior High option of Latin; small, ability-based Math classes 3 - 8; programs of Learning Enrichment, small group extension, and Advanced Enrichment Math; specialty classes preschool - 8 of Art, Music,& Physical Education; Outdoor Education and STEM Enrichment; extracurricular activities of clubs, sports, and other growth opportunities.
- Cincinnati's only Ursuline elementary school, we offer a unique educational experience based on the legacy of St. Angela Merici.
- At St. Ursula Villa, we hold as our core values the following characteristics of an Ursuline education: ...the Christ-centered spirit of St. Angela Merici is a guiding factor in the school... the recognition of the dignity and gifts of all students... an emphasis on the development of the whole person... academic excellence in all subjects... commitment to Christian service... an emphasis on diversity within the school... personal care for the individual... a spirit of optimism and openness... a strong family spirit within the school.
- The Villa's extraordinary community of active, engaged parents partner with dedicated faculty to create a dynamic, family-centered school environment.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cincinnati Grades: K-12 | 129 students
1810 Young St
Cincinnati, OH 45202
(513)763-6655 4.2 K-12
- Cincinnati Grades: PK-8 | 437 students
927 Ellison Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45226
(513)321-1048 0.7 PK-8
Sending our children to St. Ursula Villa was one of the best decisions that we have ever made for our children. All of our children received an exceptional education as well as wonderful religious and moral values. Our children have been blessed to have received acceptances at wonderful colleges all over the country including University of Michigan, Notre Dame and Harvard. As one child is preparing to graduate from Law School this year, and another child is preparing to enter Medical School in the fall, we give a great deal of credit for their success to St. Ursula Villa and how it prepared our children for their future education.
- Posted by Parent - Marianne Scott Emmert
St Ursula Villa nurtures each student as an individual with emphasis on academic excellence, faith, and community. The teachers are dedicated to helping each student be successful in the classroom and beyond. They have inspired my son to expand his knowledge, to help others through community service opportunities, and to become a more faith filled individual.
- Posted by Parent - Jessica
We've part of the Villa family for the past 4 years and are getting ready for our youngest to finally start his journey. The teachers and administrators are top notch and so loving. The community is something very special and we love being part of such an enriching and caring school.
- Posted by Parent - Kristian
St. Ursula Villa is a great school to develop well rounded students. The curriculum is challenging, the teachers are engaged and supportive and the Villa community of parents is fantastic. The school does a great job in preparing its students to be successful in high school.
- Posted by Parent - Jim
One of the Villa's key assets is its faculty and staff. The teachers nuture each student as an individual. They personally get to know each child, their learning styles, interests, strengths and challenges. The rigorous academic program is balanced with an emphasis on faith and community.
- Posted by Parent - JM
St. Ursula Villa provided the academic, spiritual and social foundation that helped my daughters achieve success in high school and college. At the Villa they learned how to study effectively, to strive for excellence, to support one-another with kindness and respect, and to be stewards of their community. The Villa provided them with wonderful memories that they will enjoy for a lifetime.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of Villa Graduates
Top-notch education, high-standards with a "whole" child approach, small class size--all three of my children thrive and they have very different strengths and challenges. Plus the Villa community is so strong, a huge benefit for our family.
- Posted by Parent - etjon
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.