Saint Ursula Academy
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked OH School
- Grades: 9-12
- Yearly Tuition: $14,800
- Application Deadline: Nov. 19
- Source: Verified school update
Saint Ursula Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
Academics and Faculty
Uniform: Navy skort, logo knit top, cardigan
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Saint Ursula Academy (SUA) is a leader in all-girls education in the Greater Cincinnati region since 1910. Known for developing the whole person, SUA not only prepares the students academically for any future they dream about, but it offers social, spiritual, and emotional support. SUA, located at 1339 East McMillan Street in Cincinnati, is the premier private girls` school in Greater Cincinnati, drawing students from 90+ grade schools in three states. They are drawn by the school`s reputation and track record in nurturing the academic, spiritual, and social needs of its current 650 students.
- According to Jill Grever Cahill, Vice President of Communications (and an SUA graduate), "Saint Ursula Academy offers exceptional course offerings in Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art and Design, and Math (STREAM). "With a student-teacher ratio of 12:1, SUA students are assured of getting personalized attention that they might not get at a bigger school. SUA also offers four-year Fine Arts programs for students interested in these fields for possible future careers." Cahill added.
- In addition to its academic programs, SUA holds many other distinctions, including winning 2022 and 2021 Best School in Cincinnati Award by the Cincinnati Award Program Ohio Success Award winner for COVID-19 Response in 2021 Ohio Success Award winner for Success and Consistency in 2022 Newsweek`s Best STEM High Schools in America 2020 Recipient of the first College Board AP Computer Science Female Diversity Award for achieving High Female Representation in AP Computer Science Courses 9 students recognized by the National Merit Corporation for 20212022.
- Providing service to the community is just as important as academics; the entire SUA student population participates in an annual Food Drive each year, which supports several area families and food pantries. "Our graduates are proof of the program`s success," said Cahill. "100 percent graduate and between 85-95 percent receive college scholarship offers each year. Saint Ursula is also proud of multiple National Merit-recognized students every year."
- Saint Ursula Academy is located in the heart of the city, yet its nearly 10-acre campus feels like home with lots of green space and a scenic setting not far from Eden Park and downtown Cincinnati.SUA has a regional reputation for offering the highest quality college preparatory education while also offering the award-winning Educational Services Program for students with learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, ADHD, etc. to give them tools to succeed in Saint Ursula`s rigorous curricula. For more information, visit www.saintursula.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Saint Ursula Academy cost?
Saint Ursula Academy's tuition is approximately $14,800 for private students.
What sports does Saint Ursula Academy offer?
Saint Ursula Academy offers 14 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball. Saint Ursula Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for most sports offered.
What is Saint Ursula Academy's ranking?
Saint Ursula Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for: Highest average ACT score, Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Most AP courses offered, Most sports offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Saint Ursula Academy?
The application deadline for Saint Ursula Academy is Nov. 19.
Endorse Saint Ursula Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards