- Motivation - Dedication - Excellence MDE School specializes in children with autism, sensory processing and communication disorders.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||4 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,000|
|Admissions Director||Mindy Elkan|
- Founded in 2009, in the heart of East Cobb County in Metro Atlanta, MDE School specializes in children with autism, sensory processing and communication disorders. Through the vision and direction of Miss Mindy Elkan, MDE School provides an atmosphere for children to learn and succeed at their own pace. MDE accepts the Georgia Special Needs scholarship and participates in the Georgia Student Scholarship Organization (GASSO). Life skills and social skills are incorporated daily. MDE School incorporates fun and innovative activities such as Improv, Art, P.E, iLS, Music, technology and field trips. Extra curricular activities are offered such as, student government, yearbook, lego club, lunch bunch and much more!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 254 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404)377-7436 13.9 K-12
- Roswell Grades: PK-8 | 70 students
200 Cox Rd
Roswell, GA 30075
(770)594-1313 8.3 PK-8
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.