Memphis Catholic Middle & High School
Our mission is at the core of everything we do: "We prepare servant leaders through a challenging Christ-centered education in mind, heart, body, and soul." It guides and drives the developing of young men and women ready to take on and change the world.
In addition to the solid and rigorous education students receive, all high school students are part of the Education That Works corporate internship program, which is fully integrated into the curriculum.
Through the Education That Works program, our students` educations are extended beyond classroom teaching to include real-world, corporate internship assignments, which provide a unique opportunity for our students to be exposed to the work environment that they will enter after college.
- Top Ranked TN School
- Grades: 7-12
- Students: 257 students
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: Nov. 28 / Feb. 19 / rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 20%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
AP Comparative Government and Politics, AP English Literature and Composition, AP European History, AP United States Government and Politics
Classroom Dress Code
(Uniforms purchased at Parker Uniform)
(Uniforms purchased at Parker Uniform)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Nov. 28 / Feb. 19 / rolling
Debra Robinson (Vice Principal)
Kevin Kimberly (Principal)
Total Sports Offered
- Basically, the ETW is a simple equation: Students + Sponsors = Success. Since the beginning of the Education That Works program at Memphis Catholic in the 2006-2007 school year, the average graduation rate has been 98%, and the average acceptance to a 4-year college rate has been 92%. That is unprecedented in this city. Our students do well after entering college as well with 87% of ETW graduates in the past four years currently enrolled in college and on track to graduate in four years Just this year, the 35 graduating class of 2016 seniors had an impressive 100% graduation rate and 100% acceptance rate into a 4-year college while acquiring more than $3.5 million in scholarships. WOW. In a city where nearly 30% of public high school students drop out and much less attend college, Memphis Catholic and Education That Works are making movements and shifts for the future.
- Memphis Catholic Middle and High School serves a wide variety of students in grades 7-12. Our unique model allows students to complete their middle school years in the same building they will transition to high school in. While our middle school students are in classes all day, paired with our high school is a work study internship program - Education That Works. Similar to the Cristo Rey model, students in grades 9-12 go to work with a community corporate or non-profit business partner once a week that allow them to connect their educational experience within our walls to real world professional experience. The school has been a key part of education in Memphis since 1945 and has played a vital part in the integration of Memphis schools, both in terms of race and gender. We continue today to prepare servants for our area, city, state, nation, and world with our mission statement at the core of everything we do: "We prepare servant leaders through a challenging Christ-centered education in mind, heart, body, and heart." Our community is very diverse. Our students come from 35 zip codes in the Memphis metropolitan area and 9 different countries. We have about equal percentage of girls (51%) and boys (49%). Though we are a Catholic school, more non-Catholic students (61%) attend than Catholics (39%). Our student body resembles the racial makeup of the city of Memphis. The majority of our students are African-American (58%) with 26% Hispanic/Latino, 7% Caucasian, 5% African, 4% multi-racial, and 1% Asian. Many of our families are either one-parent families or encounter significant financial hardship, or both.
Endorse Memphis Catholic Middle & High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.