Tel: (713) 677-0597
Meridian Academy Photo #4 - Visionary and focused, St. Michael's Learning Academy exists for the purpose of assisting students in achieving their educational goals. We do that by providing a unique environment that incorporates highly qualified and experienced staff along with an excellent curriculum.
- Meridian Academy (MA), formerly named St. Michael`s Learning Academy, is a private, for-profit high school owned and operated by Zack Zakhem and Christine Aboud, who have collectively served and worked in the business, professional, and academic communities for more than 30 years collectively.
- MA and its owners have a commitment to support and promote the advancement of individuals` educational and career goals within the Houston and surrounding communities.
- Meridian Academy was founded on December 27, 2008. MA is currently located in the center of Houston, Texas at 6220 Westpark Drive nearby the Southwest Freeway.
- Meridian Academy (MA) exists for the purpose of assisting students in reclaiming their potential and achieving their educational and career goals by providing a personalized learning environment that incorporates a highly qualified and experienced staff along with an excellent curriculum.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Differentiated Instruction|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is calculated based off of the number of credits the student is missing.|
|Admissions Director||Cindy Campos|
- MA's curriculum is offered both in the classroom and hybrid online supported by Edgenuity and meets TX state requirements for earning the 22 or 26 credits needed to obtain a High School diploma. Students are evaluated based on their previous educational history and assessments and are given personalized learning plans based on their competencies. Additionally, students who successfully complete our program are more readily prepared to take state tests such as the Texas Success Initiative (Houston Community College), the THEA (University of Houston) as well as the ASVAB test (Military). Our curriculum meets and exceeds the training and subject area requirements to successfully complete the above entrance exams needed for higher education. Over the past 10 years, Meridian has provided well over 1000 students a second chance opportunity to obtain their High School diploma. We believe that our students are our main assets and we take pride in each of them while treating them with respect and in a professional manner. Upon graduating from our High School program, our students have had the opportunity to graduate from college, joined the workforce, or entered the military. Students can also enroll in other high growth high demand Career and technical classes provided on the same campus by Meridian to gain valuable, hands-on career skills. Our graduates thus leave Meridian with a new direction and purpose while holding a High School diploma and obtaining career skills which lead to gainful employment.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: NS-12 | 90 students
3737 O'Meara Drive
Houston, TX 77025
(713) 993-9544 9.3 NS-12
- Houston Grades: 1-10 | 55 students
5822 Dolores Street
Houston, TX 77057
(713) 977-1221 1 1-10
- Houston Grades: K-12 | 13 students
5151 Addicks Satsuma Road
Houston, TX 77084
(281) 855-3546 12.5 K-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.