Mission Bend Christian Academy
- Grades: Prekindergarten-7
- Students: 152 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,226
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
(Uniform - Khaki & Navy Pants; Red, Navy, or White Polo Shirt)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir/Chorus, Music Lessons
- MBCA is a diverse environment, which recognizes its diversity as a valued educational resource. MBCA is a ministry of Mission Bend United Methodist Church of Houston Texas. Administration and supervision are under the direction of the School Board of Directors.
- School Philosophy
- We believe that our children are the most important investment in the future, our #1 resource. Cultivating this resource through academically sound, Christian education empowers our children with strong character to make a difference in the future. We, at the Academy, aim to encourage, guide and challenge the students entrusted to us. We strive to better our world child by child.
- We strive to:
- Develop creativity and self expression;
- Foster positive attitudes toward self and others;
- Cultivate language skills and communication abilities;
- Stimulate interest in mathematics, sciences and the arts:
- Promote health, physical and spiritual growth and motor development;
- Encourage self-discipline and acceptance of reasonable limits;
- Strengthen home-school relationships;
- We plan our curriculum within a caring and creative environment. Our programs are carefully designed to enlarge the child's repertoire of knowledge and skills to increase self-confidence and promote curiosity and initiative.
- Mission Bend Christian Academy (MBCA)has grown over 100% since 1982. In the past 25 years 3000 children have been provided with a quality education.
- Mission Bend Christian Academy students generally perform above public school's national average on the Stanford Achievement Test Exam and at an average level compared to the Association of Christian Schools.
- MBCA received recognition from the Corporate Hands Leadership Network's Collaborative for Children for Quality Improvement between 2002 and 2006.
- Mission Bend Christian Academy is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, incorporated in the State of Texas on March 26, 2005.
- Mission Bend Christian Academy is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), and the Houston Christian Chamber of Commerce.
- Accreditation from Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS) is in progress. TAAPS Accreditation demonstrates compliance with the State Board of Education. The Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) as required by the State Board of Education will be considered the basis of the schools curriculum.
Endorse Mission Bend Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards