Mission Bend Christian Academy
Mission Bend Christian Academy provides an outstanding Christ-based early childhood education (ages 1 - 4) to a diverse population in a safe, nurturing, and inspirational environment. Dynamic, skilled elementary and middle school teachers challenge students in kindergarten through 7th grade to take responsibility for their learning and develop good work habits while inspiring them with creative approaches to learning and a variety of enrichment opportunities that make the classroom an exciting place to be! MBCA anticipates building a new facility within the next year beside our current location that will accommodate our continuing growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform - Khaki & Navy Pants; Red, Navy, or White Polo Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,226|
|Tuition Notes||Early Childhood tuition varies according to 3 vs. 5 day and extended hours options. Registration fee is $150 for Early Childhood and $200 for Elementary. No additional supply fee. Discounts for siblings & for Alief teachers. Financial aid available ba|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Janie Bickford|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir/Chorus, Music Lessons
Mission Bend Christian Academy's (MBCA) mission is to BRING children into a nurturing environment, BUILD a strong spiritual, academic, social, and physical foundation, and to SEND forth Christ-like students. Our school strives to provide a loving environment enabling our students to grow spiritually, academically, socially, and physically, Our Christ-centered; academically sound instruction develops good character, strong moral values, and a love for learning.
- MBCA is a diverse environment, which recognizes its diversity as a valued educational resource. MBCA is a ministry of Mission Bend United Methodist Church of Houston Texas. Administration and supervision are under the direction of the School Board of Directors.
- School Philosophy
- We believe that our children are the most important investment in the future, our #1 resource. Cultivating this resource through academically sound, Christian education empowers our children with strong character to make a difference in the future. We, at the Academy, aim to encourage, guide and challenge the students entrusted to us. We strive to better our world child by child.
- We strive to:
- Develop creativity and self expression;
- Foster positive attitudes toward self and others;
- Cultivate language skills and communication abilities;
- Stimulate interest in mathematics, sciences and the arts:
- Promote health, physical and spiritual growth and motor development;
- Encourage self-discipline and acceptance of reasonable limits;
- Strengthen home-school relationships;
- We plan our curriculum within a caring and creative environment. Our programs are carefully designed to enlarge the child's repertoire of knowledge and skills to increase self-confidence and promote curiosity and initiative.
- Mission Bend Christian Academy (MBCA)has grown over 100% since 1982. In the past 25 years 3000 children have been provided with a quality education.
- Mission Bend Christian Academy students generally perform above public school's national average on the Stanford Achievement Test Exam and at an average level compared to the Association of Christian Schools.
- MBCA received recognition from the Corporate Hands Leadership Network's Collaborative for Children for Quality Improvement between 2002 and 2006.
- Mission Bend Christian Academy is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, incorporated in the State of Texas on March 26, 2005.
- Mission Bend Christian Academy is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), and the Houston Christian Chamber of Commerce.
- Accreditation from Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS) is in progress. TAAPS Accreditation demonstrates compliance with the State Board of Education. The Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) as required by the State Board of Education will be considered the basis of the schools curriculum.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 326 students
14718 Woodford Dr
Houston, TX 77015
(713) 455-4483 29.6 PK-12
- Houston Grades: PK-K | 160 students
13260 Forkland Ln
Houston, TX 77077
(281) 556-0678 3.2 PK-K
- Houston Grades: NS | 77 students
12280 Westheimer Rd Ste 50
Houston, TX 77077
(281) 558-7323 3.1 NS
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.