Montebello Christian School
- Montebello Christian School is a ministry of Montebello Christian Fellowship.
- The school was established in 1970. Montebello Christian School's offers advance, intermediate, and regular levels of mathematics and literature to meet the needs of the individual student.
- Daycare is offered before and after school Music/Choir for grades K - 5
- Elective classes in Spanish, Art, Cooking, Computers, Musical Instruments, or Sports Skills, Robotics and Codeing
- Sports is offered for grades 5 - 8, league play and tournaments
- The educational philosophy of Montebello Christian School is based on the God-centered view of life as opposed to a man-centered view of life.
- We therefore seek to view life in every dimension as God sees it.
- God is truth and He has revealed Himself to man through His creation; His Word, the Bible; and His Son, Jesus Christ.
- The mission of Montebello Christian School is to direct students in an understanding of a God created world view.
- Using a biblically integrated curriculum, students will develop spiritually, intellectually, physically and socially.
- This will equip them to discern truth, leading toward a lifetime commitment of doing God's will.
Montebello Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD, Mild learning differences, ESL|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$265|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Average Percentile SSAT||75%|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform but with options)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||K - 1/2 day $410/month K full day - 4th $440/month 6-8th $450/month All tuition payments are on a 10 month basis|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Victoria Martinez|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
- Montebello Christian School is a ministry of Montebello Christian Fellowship. The school was established in 1970. Montebello Christian School's offers advance, intermediate, and regular levels of mathematics and literature to meet the needs of the individual student. We offer Study Hall with a teacher after school for homework help. Our school offers small class sizes, with an average of 10-15 students per class. Lower grades, K - 2, also have an aide in the classroom during reading and math.We offer music, elective classes, sports program, and before and after school daycare.
- Our goal is to help students succeed academically, socially, physically, and spiritually.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montebello Grades: K-12 | 87 students
931 S Maple Avenue
Montebello, CA 90640
(323)724-8464 1.2 K-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.