St Benedict School
- Saint Benedict School joins religious and lay Catholic educators with parents of our students to provide the best education possible.
- Our educational program combines the message of salvation in Jesus Christ with a rigorous academic curriculum and extra-curricular activities.
- Each student, with unique gifts, abilities and needs, is invited to strive towards holiness and to help build a community of faith, hope and love.
- They benefit from a school climate of security and mutual respect, experiencing a spirit of family with leadership, caring and affirmation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||499 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montebello Grades: NS-8 | 514 students
840 N Garfield Ave
Montebello, CA 90640
(323)728-5435 1.6 NS-8
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 249 students
1428 W Adams Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90007
(323)734-6441 10.5 K-8
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 209 students
2424 Whittier Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90023
(323)263-3716 6.2 K-8
- Oceanside Grades: K | 84 students
515 Wisconsin Ave
Oceanside, CA 92054
(760)722-7259 71 K
- Pico Rivera Grades: PK-8 | 245 students
5401 Citronell Ave
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
(562)942-7361 2 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.