Montessori Academy Of Chambersburg
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (717) 261-1110
- The toddler and primary programs at Montessori Academy prepare the child for life, not just first grade.
- The students are given a strong basis in their most formative years for developing habits, skills, and positive attitudes that will stay with them throughout their lives.
- Children develop independence, initiative, perseverance, curiosity, creativity, and an enthusiasm for learning. The toddler program is designed to be the first away from home experience for most children and is designed for 18 month -3 year old children who are not yet toilet-trained.
- Students in the primary program are divided into multi-age classrooms consisting of 3, 4, and 5 year old students.
- The emphasis is on the process of learning. Through the use of carefully prepared materials and activties, children grow in personal independence, concentration, self-discipline, and self-seteem.
- Activities include skills in reading, writing, language expression, mathematics, geography, nature studies, science, practical living skills, art, music, creative movement, and Spanish.Older students are divided into multi-ages classrooms which include Lower Elementary (grades 1-3), Upper Elementary (grades 4-6), Middle School (grades 7-8) and High School (grades 9-12).
- The curriculum at Montessori Academy is designed to meet the needs of students who are prepaing for a secondary/college education but is flexible enough to meet the needs of students with other goals.
- The student to faculty ratio is approximately 10 to 1.Toddler program (ages 18 months through 3 yr) Primary program (ages 3-6 years) Elementary program (grades 1-6) Middle School program (grades 7-8) High School program (grades 9-12).
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-11|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 21 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available to families who qualify. Over 30% of families receive financial aid.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chambersburg Grades: PK-12 | 424 students
600 Miller St
Chambersburg, PA 17201
(717) 264-3266 4.3 PK-12
My son has had an enriching experience over the past 5 years that he has attended. His teachers were wonderful and really caring. The Montessori education he gets not only nurtures his intellectual growth but it has bolstered his social growth. I really think he is being equipped with the necessary tools for success tomorrow.
- Posted by Parent - Marie N.
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?