Shalom Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Shalom Christian Academy's mission statement is 'to prepare each student for a life of consequence in the world for the kingdom of God.'
In addition to the part time preschool programs offered through Growing Tree Preschool at local churches, Shalom Christian Academy offers all day Pre-K at the Shalom Christian Academy Campus. This is a 5 day a week program.
Shalom offers 10 courses in which students may earn full college credit, including: Understanding the Times (3 credits), Psychology (3 credits), Pre-Calculus (4 credits), Calculus I (4 credits), Physics (4 credits), Life Calling (3 credits), American Literature (3 credits), British Literature (3 credits), American History II (3 credits), Chemistry (5 credits). Each of these courses are being credited through various colleges and universities that have worked with SCA in developing this unique opportunity.
Our goal is to support and prepare our middle school students during this transitional time in their lives. Academic credibility is achieved through small classes and directed curriculum. This allows for increased contact with teaching staff who model our living curriculum.
Shalom Christian Academy recognizes that school life includes more than classroom instruction. We seek to provide opportunities for students to interact and build relationships with faculty and other students. Traditions such as the annual fifth grade faculty-student kickball game, spirit weeks and mini courses enhance our community and reinforce our mission.
- Shalom Christian Academy is an independent school that seeks to prepare each student for a life of consequence in the world for the kingdom of God.
- We strive to educate students to be life-long learners with a Christian worldview that focuses on service to others.
- Our goal is to partner with parents as we prepare students academically, spiritually and socially.
- The school is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning disabilities|
|Total Students||543 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Dual enrollment courses: Bible, Calculus, Pre-calculus, Physics, Psychology. Honors: English, History and Chemistry,|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Mike Shaker|
|Admissions Associate||Caryn Bowser|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Honor Society, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Chorale, Chorale Ensemble, Drama, Instrumental, Music Theory, Photography, Sound & Lights, Video Editing, Worship Team
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Elementary Soccer, Youth Basketball Association
- Growing Tree Preschools, our preK program, are at five locations in partnership with area churches.
- On-site, all day PreK
- Multiple kindergarten options.
- Before and after school care available.
- Students have access to interactive whiteboards, tablets and labtops.
- Wireless community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ChambersburgGrades: PK-12 | 425 students
600 Miller St
Chambersburg, PA 17201
- CarlisleGrades: K-12 | 110 students
1412 Holly Pike
Carlisle, PA 17015
- WaynesboroGrades: KG-6 | 107 students
213 E Main St
Waynesboro, PA 17268
- HagerstownGrades: PK-12 | 66 students
41 Bryan Cir
Hagerstown, MD 21740
- WilliamsportGrades: PK-12 | 73 students
Po Box 590
Williamsport, MD 21795
Shalom has a great sense of community. It is definitely a caring environment!!
- Posted by Parent - pbric
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 23, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.