Shalom Christian Academy students, faculty and staff on the last day of the 2013-2014 school year. Shalom started the 2014-2015 school year with 375 students in K-12 grades.
Shalom Christian Academy offers several class for college credit including Psychology, Physics, Bible, Pre-Calculus, and Calculus. Shalom also offers Honors English and History.
Shalom Christian Academy mission statement is 'To prepare each student for a life of consequence in the world for the kingdom of God.'
- Shalom Christian Academy is an independent school that seeks to prepare each student for a life of consequence in the world for the kingdom of God.
- We strive to educate students to be life-long learners with a Christian worldview that focuses on service to others.
- Our goal is to partner with parents as we prepare students academically, spiritually and socially.
- The school is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning disabilities|
|Total Students||543 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Advanced Courses||Dual enrollment courses: Bible, Calculus, Pre-calculus, Physics, Psychology. Honors: English, History and Chemistry,|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Mike Shaker|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chorale, Chorale Ensemble, Drama, Instrumental, Music Theory, Photography, Sound & Lights, Video Editing, Worship Team, Elementary Soccer, Youth Basketball Association, National Honor Society, Student Government, Yearbook Art, Chorale, Chorale Ensemble, Drama, Instrumental, Music Theory, Photography, Sound & Lights, Video Editing, Worship Team,
Elementary Soccer, Youth Basketball Association,
National Honor Society,
Student Government, Yearbook,
- Growing Tree Preschools, our preK program, are at five locations in partnership with area churches.
- On-site, all day PreK
- Multiple kindergarten options.
- Before and after school care available.
- Students have access to interactive whiteboards, tablets and labtops.
- Wireless community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChambersburgGrades: PK-12 | 416 students
600 Miller St
Chambersburg, PA 17201
CarlisleGrades: K-12 | 110 students
1412 Holly Pike
Carlisle, PA 17015
WaynesboroGrades: KG-6 | 107 students
213 E Main St
Waynesboro, PA 17268
WilliamsportGrades: PK-12 | 73 students
Po Box 590
Williamsport, MD 21795
HagerstownGrades: PK-12 | 207 students
12215 Walnut Pt W
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Shalom has a great sense of community. It is definitely a caring environment!!
- Posted by Parent - pbric
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.