Cumberland Valley Christian School
- Cumberland Valley Christian School is accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, which is the same organization that awards accreditation to all the public schools in the area.
- In a school of our size, class rank is the least important of the three, since our classes are smaller than those in the public schools.
- CVCS students have been accepted to and have gone on to succeed at Christian and secular colleges and universities. Difficulty, of course, often depends on how much time a student puts into studying for a particular class or how much aptitude a student has for a particular subject.
- Overall, however, the courses offered at CVCS are rigorous.
- We strive to provide courses that are as challenging as or even more challenging than those offered by public schools.
- We offer several advanced courses in our regular curriculum, including Advanced Mathematics and Advanced Physics, as well as Chemistry and Calculus.
- Those courses are weighted for GPA calculation, and we offer an Honors U.S. History and Honors English class that is also weighted.
- Our classes in English and Social Studies, while not weighted, offer students very demanding course work, some of it college-level.
- We also provide a variety of online courses, both in regular classes and AP.
- We offer dual enrollment opportunities with a variety of colleges, including several college classes that are taught on our campus.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||424 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||A variety of online AP courses, Advanced Mathematics, Advanced Physics, Calculus, Chemistry, Honors Algebra I, Honors Algebra II, Honors English, Honors U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Varies for grade levels -- from 4700 for K3 to 6300 for junior high and high school|
|Admissions Director||Amy Garvin|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Law Club, Mentor Program, Science Club, Serving Our Community, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chapel Praise Team, Choir, Drama, Music Lessons
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waynesboro Grades: K-6 | 121 students
213 E Main St
Waynesboro, PA 17268
(717)762-3221 14 K-6