Cumberland Valley Christian School
- Cumberland Valley Christian School is accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, which is the same organization that awards accreditation to all the public schools in the area.
- In a school of our size, class rank is the least important of the three, since our classes are smaller than those in the public schools.
- CVCS students have been accepted to and have gone on to succeed at Christian and secular colleges and universities. Difficulty, of course, often depends on how much time a student puts into studying for a particular class or how much aptitude a student has for a particular subject.
- Overall, however, the courses offered at CVCS are rigorous.
- We strive to provide courses that are as challenging as or even more challenging than those offered by public schools.
- We offer several advanced courses in our regular curriculum, including Advanced Mathematics and Advanced Physics, as well as Chemistry and Calculus.
- Those courses are weighted for GPA calculation, and we offer an Honors U.S. History and Honors English class that is also weighted.
- Our classes in English and Social Studies, while not weighted, offer students very demanding course work, some of it college-level.
- We also provide a variety of online courses, both in regular classes and AP.
- We offer dual enrollment opportunities with a variety of colleges, including several college classes that are taught on our campus.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||424 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||A variety of online AP courses, Advanced Mathematics, Advanced Physics, Calculus, Chemistry, Honors Algebra I, Honors Algebra II, Honors English, Honors U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Varies for grade levels -- from 4700 for K3 to 6300 for junior high and high school|
|Admissions Director||Amy Garvin|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Law Club, Mentor Program, Science Club, Serving Our Community, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chapel Praise Team, Choir, Drama, Music Lessons
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waynesboro Grades: K-6 | 121 students
213 E Main St
Waynesboro, PA 17268
(717)762-3221 14 K-6
- Mercersburg Grades: 9-12 | 442 students
100 Academy Drive
Mercersburg, PA 17236
(717)328-6173 14.6 9-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.