Montessori By The Sea
5.00 (2 reviews)
Montessori By The Sea Photo #2 - Making applesauce from scratch. Practical Life activities are a way of life in our Montessori classrooms.
Montessori By The Sea Photo #3 - Our third year students in Lower Elementary enjoyed presenting the First Great Lesson to the class!
- Montessori By The Sea provides an authentic Montessori education to children ages three (3) years of age through Upper Elementary. We have 2 Primary classrooms, 1 Lower El (1st-3rd grade) and 1 Upper El (4th-6th grade).
- All teachers hold Montessori teaching certificates from Montessori training program.
- Our child centered curriculum includes movement, multi-sensory materials and guided discovery within a mixed age community of children.
- Students ulitize the beach and Gulf of Mexico right next to our campus as an exploritory environment for learning.
- Parents are encourage to become a part of our Montessori community, as families get to know each other and play an active part in the school through volunteer programs and social events organized by our Montessori Parent Association (MPA).
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$175|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||175 per week|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,910|
|Tuition Notes||Primary Annual Tuition $7605 Elementary Annual Tuition 8910|
|Admissions Associate||Christina Warnstedt|
- Montessori by the Sea is a private, non-profit Montessori school currently serving children from 3 to 12 years old in beautiful multi-age learning environments. Our school is just minutes away from St. Petersburg and Gulfport overlooking the Gulf of Mexico in historic Pass-A-Grille Beach, Florida. We offer an authentic Montessori curriculum, including movement, hands on learning and guided discovery. Montessori certified educators facilitate the delivery of that curriculum in a manner that nurtures a life-long love of learning and instills a sense of wonder.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Petersburg Grades: PK-8 | 475 students
4400 Chancellor St Ne
Saint Petersburg, FL 33703
(727)522-8331 11.7 PK-8
- Saint Petersburg Grades: K-8 | 434 students
2021 62nd Ave N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33702
(727)522-3000 10.4 K-8
- Saint Petersburg Grades: 5-8 | 102 students
2301 22nd Ave S
Saint Petersburg, FL 33712
(727)322-0800 5.8 5-8
This school is such a little gem. Located just across the street from the Gulf of Mexico, we couldn't believe how lucky we were to have found such an awesome school for our son. Miss Katie and Miss Kathy are excellent teachers who truly take their time to work with your child and his/her individual needs. We have almost completed their primary program and will move on to lower elementary in August. They also have a great beach summer camp for 3-6-year-olds that you don't want to miss!
- Posted by Parent - Mikella
Montessori by the Sea offers true Montessori education provided by supportive, hands on teachers. This school is set across the street from the Gulf of Mexico which provides the children the additional opportunity to explore their environment and learn about marine life as well.
- Posted by Parent - MBTS parent
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.