Montessori By The Sea
Montessori By The Sea Photo #2 - Making applesauce from scratch. Practical Life activities are a way of life in our Montessori classrooms.
Montessori By The Sea Photo #3 - Our third year students in Lower Elementary enjoyed presenting the First Great Lesson to the class!
Montessori By The Sea provides an authentic Montessori education to children ages three (3) years of age through Upper Elementary. We have 2 Primary classrooms, 1 Lower El (1st-3rd grade) and 1 Upper El (4th-6th grade).
All teachers hold Montessori teaching certificates from Montessori training program.
Our child centered curriculum includes movement, multi-sensory materials and guided discovery within a mixed age community of children.
Students ulitize the beach and Gulf of Mexico right next to our campus as an exploritory environment for learning.
Parents are encourage to become a part of our Montessori community, as families get to know each other and play an active part in the school through volunteer programs and social events organized by our Montessori Parent Association (MPA).
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 75 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,910
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
175 per week
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Primary Annual Tuition $7605 Elementary Annual Tuition 8910
- Montessori by the Sea is a private, non-profit Montessori school currently serving children from 3 to 12 years old in beautiful multi-age learning environments. Our school is just minutes away from St. Petersburg and Gulfport overlooking the Gulf of Mexico in historic Pass-A-Grille Beach, Florida. We offer an authentic Montessori curriculum, including movement, hands on learning and guided discovery. Montessori certified educators facilitate the delivery of that curriculum in a manner that nurtures a life-long love of learning and instills a sense of wonder.
This school is such a little gem. Located just across the street from the Gulf of Mexico, we couldn't believe how lucky we were to have found such an awesome school for our son. Miss Katie and Miss Kathy are excellent teachers who truly take their time to work with your child and his/her individual needs. We have almost completed their primary program and will move on to lower elementary in August. They also have a great beach summer camp for 3-6-year-olds that you don't want to miss!
Montessori by the Sea offers true Montessori education provided by supportive, hands on teachers. This school is set across the street from the Gulf of Mexico which provides the children the additional opportunity to explore their environment and learn about marine life as well.
Endorse Montessori By The Sea. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.