Montessori Children's Schoolhouse
Tel: (412) 257-9717
- Montessori Childrens Schoolhouse was founded for the purpose of providing educational curriculum and facilities based upon the methods and educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- The Montessori philosophy recognizes that a childs early years are the most formative and that a childs ability to acquire knowledge is enhanced through the manipulation of concrete material.
- The carefully prepared environment is structured to meet the individual needs of each child, thus allowing children to progress at their own pace.
- The environment is prepared to address all aspects of the childs development.
- The Montessori curriculum, which interrelates basic, scientific and cultural areas, is designed to provide materials and activities to furnish unlimited sources of discoveries and to offer constant challenges to be mastered.
- Our goal is to enable children not only to develop an appreciation of learning, but also to develop to their potential.
- Montessori Childrens Schoolhouse is a parent-owned school implementing Montessori principles to develop independent, competent and socially responsible individuals.
- Our mission is to use qualified staff, enriched Montessori environments, and parental involvement to develop the social, emotional and cognitive needs of our culturally diverse student enrollment.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Montessori Children's Schoolhouse also viewed these schools: The Glen Montessori School.
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?