- Montessori Radmoor School enrolls approximately 140 children from ages 18 months to 12 years of age.
- The two toddler programs, three preschool programs and elementary program utilize the Montessori philosophy to motivate the child from within.
- Montessori is a unique method of introducing children to a lifetime of enjoyable learning.
- Special materials, largely manipulative in nature, are suited to the pre-school child's developmental needs.
- The child learns through handling, manipulating, stacking, sorting, and comparing the materials.
- Each piece of material, used at three and four, will develop the coordination, powers of observation, concentration and work habits, which are the foundation for the more abstract learning that will occur at ages five and six. Through his own work, the child masters each of these unique materials, and through mastery of the classroom materials, the child develops confidence and a positive self-image.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by age and class. Please contact the school website for the most updated information.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music program, Creative Movement, Gymnastics, Soccer Gymnastics, Soccer, Arts and Music program,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LansingGrades: PK-6 | 137 students
2100 W Saint Joseph St
Lansing, MI 48915
East LansingGrades: NS-6 | 97 students
1370 Beech Street
East Lansing, MI 48823
We have sent our child to Montessori Radmoor for four years. He started with the Toddler program and now he is in the primary classroom. We could not be more pleased with the curriculum, teachers, staff, administration and sense of community. Since we have been there, they have really kept the tuition increases minimal and are willing to work with families on scholarships. Our son has blossomed there and we plan on keeping him there through elementary. After exploring all the options, we continued to be impressed with the school and feel blessed to have found it.
- Posted by Parent - AUTUM
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.