Stepping Stones Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (517) 336-0422
- Stepping Stones Montessori School in East Lansing offers education and care for children ages 18-months to 12-years-old in Toddler, Primary and Elementary communities.
- Teachers provide an environment that encourages children to practice and exercise their independence.
- "Education is a natural process carried out by the child and is not acquired by listening to words but by experiences in the environment."-Maria Montessori.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call for details. We have financial options (scaled discounts, sibling discounts, annual/semi annual payment options) to offer an authentic Montessori education to a socioeconomic diverse community.|
|Admissions Director||Amy Ward|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
art and Spanish are all part of our integrated curriculum with specialist teachers leading the way., Music
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lansing Grades: PK-6 | 103 students
2100 W Saint Joseph St
Lansing, MI 48915
(517) 482-9191 5.9 PK-6
- East Lansing Grades: PK-8 | 385 students
915 Alton Rd
East Lansing, MI 48823
(517) 332-0813 0.6 PK-8
- Lansing Grades: PK-8 | 81 students
1001 N Capitol Ave
Lansing, MI 48906
(517) 485-4547 4.6 PK-8
- Lansing Grades: PK-8 | 224 students
3830 Rosemont St
Lansing, MI 48910
(517) 882-6631 5.2 PK-8
We have been at Stepping Stones Montessori since September 2005. Our daughter has been so happy there. All the teachers are so good at figuring out what is best for each child and creating a supportive environment. We would not go anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - etorn
We chose Stepping Stones Montessori when we moved to East Lansing four years ago because it most clearly represented our values in education for our child. It is child-centered but not child-directed. Students engaged seriously in learning and in having fun. We have been delighted with the teachers, the school, and the school community.
- Posted by Parent - cmgro
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.