Mother Seton School
- Mother Seton School is a Catholic private school near Frederick, MD that provides affordable education to Pre-K through 8th Grade. Descended from St. Elizabeth Ann Seton's original school established in 1810. Financial aid, bus service, and extracurricular clubs offered.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||http://www.mothersetonschool.org/learningcenter.html|
|Total Students||243 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,365|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available to qualifying families. Pre-K half-day tuition is $3400.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,276|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Buchheister|
|Admissions Associate||Laurie Szukalski|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Engineering Club, Jr. STEM Club, Middle School Book Club, Prayer Partners, Science Club, Scouting, Spanish Club, Student Council, Tech Crew for Special Events, Vincentian Marian Youth Club, Writing Group, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Angels, Band, Chorus, Liturgy Chorus
- Mother Seton School offers more than a solid academic and ethical foundation. A genuinely loving and welcoming community -- a true family of teachers, students, and parents -- helps shape children who grow strong and true. Students learn by example to model their lives on the Christian virtues of humility, simplicity, charity and love. Graduates are recognized as hard-working, high-achieving individuals of intergrity, dedicated to bettering themselves and the world around them.
- Small classes, hands-on learning and a well-rounded curriculum are complemented by a beautiful natural setting adjoining the National Shrine of Saint Elizabth Ann Seton, who founded in 1810 the pioneering Catholic school that became Mother Seton School. The Daughters of Charity serve at the school and continue Mother Seton's mission to provide an excellent, affordable Catholic education to all who seek it. We are conveniently located just 25 minutes north of the city of Frederick, with bus service and the most affordable tuition in Frederick and Carroll counties.
- What we do is refreshingly simple: Together we learn everyday. We welcome eeryone. We work hard always. Because it's important.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Silver Spring Grades: K-12 | 207 students
11811 Claridge Rd.
Silver Spring, MD 20902
(301)963-8022 46.5 K-12
- Thurmont Grades: 8-11 | 1 students
13802 Long Rd
Thurmont, MD 21788
(301)271-7259 7.9 8-11
All four of my children have graduated from Mother Seton School. They were all very prepared for the academic rigors of high school. Mother Seton School prepared them academically, socially and spiritually for their next steps. Two are already out of high school and are in college. We credit their continued success to the fantastic fundamentals that they received at MSS.
- Posted by Parent - Frederickparent
Mother Seton School is wonderful! We transferred our children from a larger, popular Catholic school in the area to MSS and have been so pleased with Mother Seton's fit with our children and family! The classes are small, the teachers are so dedicated, the education is excellent and the sense of a close-knit community is unbeatable. My husband and I can't say enough wonderful things about MSS!
- Posted by Parent - handf
There's a quality about Mother Seton Catholic School that is hard to put into words. When you walk into the school, you can feel the spirit. The staff is very down-to-earth, and the students are so respectful and nice. I appreciate that the school reinforces the values we have at home, that the work my children do is challenging, and that the school really caters to the "whole child". My children participate in an arts and music program, are really proud of themselves for achieving Presidential status in the National Fitness Program that the school adopted, and are encouraged to grow spiritually. I would highly recommend MSS to anybody looking for excellent private education.
- Posted by Parent - crocs