The Banner School
- The Banner School, Frederick County's only non-sectarian co-educational, independent school is composed of a preschool (3- and 4-year-olds), primary school (kindergarten-4th grade), and a middle school for grades 5-8. Its mission is to provide an academically challenging curriculum in a secure environment, to motivate students to achieve to the best of their abilities, and, in so doing, to stimulate a lifelong love of learning. The Banner School promotes a strong school-family partnership, individual self-worth, and respect for others and strives to graduate responsible individuals who will contribute positively to society.
- Reflecting the diversity in today`s society and our student body, Banner provides an education with a global perspective through the study of various cultures, societies, and peoples of the world.
- The Banner School, through its Learning Triangle and its diverse community of learners, provides a nurturing yet challenging environment that motivates students to become responsible citizens who lead by example.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(traditional style khaki or navy pants and knee length skirts, polo shirts tucked in, dress shoes, belts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,640|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool (part-time and full-time) through 8th grade tuition. Part-time options are available for Preschool. Preschool tuition has the option to include before and after care.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jeff Mott, Director of Admissions|
|Admissions Associate||Jamie Pratt, Admissions Coordi|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Intramural Sports Only, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Homework Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Chorus, Young Rembrandts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Students must submit an application and $50 application fee to Admissions. Recommendation forms and transcripts are requested by Admissions. A visit day is scheduled and assessments are given in the student's current grade.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Frederick Grades: PK-12 | 237 students
5909 Jefferson Pike
Frederick, MD 21703
(301)663-8418 4.3 PK-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.