The Banner School
- The Banner School, Frederick County's only non-sectarian co-educational, independent school is composed of a preschool (3- and 4-year-olds), primary school (kindergarten-4th grade), and a middle school for grades 5-8.
- Its mission is to provide an academically challenging curriculum in a secure environment, to motivate students to achieve to the best of their abilities, and, in so doing, to stimulate a lifelong love of learning.
- The Banner School promotes a strong school-family partnership, individual self-worth, and respect for others and strives to graduate responsible individuals who will contribute positively to society.
- Reflecting the diversity in today`s society and our student body, Banner provides an education with a global perspective through the study of various cultures, societies, and peoples of the world.
- The Banner School, through its Learning Triangle and its diverse community of learners, provides a nurturing yet challenging environment that motivates students to become responsible citizens who lead by example.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(traditional style khaki or navy pants and knee length skirts, polo shirts tucked in, dress shoes, belts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,640|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool (part-time and full-time) through 8th grade tuition. Part-time options are available for Preschool. Preschool tuition has the option to include before and after care.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jeff Mott, Director of Admissions|
|Admissions Associate||Jamie Pratt, Admissions Coordi|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Intramural Sports Only, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Homework Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Chorus, Young Rembrandts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Students must submit an application and $50 application fee to Admissions. Recommendation forms and transcripts are requested by Admissions. A visit day is scheduled and assessments are given in the student's current grade.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Frederick Grades: PK-12 | 237 students
5909 Jefferson Pike
Frederick, MD 21703
(301)663-8418 4.3 PK-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.