Frederick Christian Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Frederick Christian Academy is in its 42nd year of providing quality academic instruction in a loving and positive environment. Our students go on to further their education or enter the workplace equipped with higher order thinking skills, as well as discernment and communication skills.
- Our aim is to teach every student enrolled an understanding of God, the priority that should be accorded His Word, and the responsibility that every person has to Him as Creator and Redeemer; to enable each student enrolled to develop both natural and spiritual gifts and talents with the understanding that the highest goal of mankind is to use these gifts and talents to worship and to glorify God; to develop within each student a level of basic skills achievement that will support successful functioning as a citizen of the kingdom of God and successful functioning as a citizen of this nation; to provide both curricular and instructional systems that will enable any student to achieve at levels that will prepare him/her to enter the next level of education chosen, whatever the academic rigor demanded; and to leave each student enrolled with a strong sense of right and wrong, to make him aware of the spiritual blessing that comes from doing right, and to warn each student of the many wrongs that now characterize our culture and the negative consequences to be borne by those who choose those wrongs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||84 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Polo shirt and khaki pants/skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,900|
|Admissions Director||Lizzy Arney|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Frederick Grades: PK-12 | 237 students
5909 Jefferson Pike
Frederick, MD 21703
(301)663-8418 1.6 PK-12
- Frederick Grades: PK-8 | 159 students
1730 N Market St
Frederick, MD 21701
(301)695-9320 4.4 PK-8
- Frederick Grades: PK-8 | 79 students
6437 Jefferson Pike
Frederick, MD 21703
(301)663-0363 1.9 PK-8
- Barnesville Grades: NS-8 | 168 students
21830 Peach Tree Road
Barnesville, MD 20838
(301)972-0341 15 NS-8
- Ijamsville Grades: K-12 | 94 students
3232 Green Valley Road
Ijamsville, MD 21754
(301)798-0288 12.1 K-12
FCA is a wonderful school. We couldn't be happier. Our children are truly learning how to be good students. The teachers clearly know what they are doing. Academics are strong and the school is a very warm and loving place. Our kids are happy and thriving - we''ve nothing negative to say.
- Posted by Parent - miche
Great school. Caring faculty and foster a spirited environment.
- Posted by Parent - admin
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
July 07, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.