Frederick Christian Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Frederick Christian Academy is in its 42nd year of providing quality academic instruction in a loving and positive environment.
- Our students go on to further their education or enter the workplace equipped with higher order thinking skills, as well as discernment and communication skills.
- Our aim is to teach every student enrolled an understanding of God, the priority that should be accorded His Word, and the responsibility that every person has to Him as Creator and Redeemer; to enable each student enrolled to develop both natural and spiritual gifts and talents with the understanding that the highest goal of mankind is to use these gifts and talents to worship and to glorify God; to develop within each student a level of basic skills achievement that will support successful functioning as a citizen of the kingdom of God and successful functioning as a citizen of this nation; to provide both curricular and instructional systems that will enable any student to achieve at levels that will prepare him/her to enter the next level of education chosen, whatever the academic rigor demanded; and to leave each student enrolled with a strong sense of right and wrong, to make him aware of the spiritual blessing that comes from doing right, and to warn each student of the many wrongs that now characterize our culture and the negative consequences to be borne by those who choose those wrongs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||98 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Polo shirt and khaki pants/skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,900|
|Admissions Director||Asia Michaleun|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Golf,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- FrederickGrades: K-12 | 230 students
5909 Jefferson Pike
Frederick, MD 21703
- FrederickGrades: PK-8 | 159 students
1730 N Market St
Frederick, MD 21701
- IjamsvilleGrades: K-12 | 94 students
3232 Green Valley Road
Ijamsville, MD 21754
- FrederickGrades: PK-8 | 79 students
6437 Jefferson Pike
Frederick, MD 21703
- BarnesvilleGrades: NS-8 | 168 students
21830 Peach Tree Road
Barnesville, MD 20838
FCA is a wonderful school. We couldn't be happier. Our children are truly learning how to be good students. The teachers clearly know what they are doing. Academics are strong and the school is a very warm and loving place. Our kids are happy and thriving - we''ve nothing negative to say.
- Posted by Parent - miche
Great school. Caring faculty and foster a spirited environment.
- Posted by Parent - admin
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.