St. John Regional Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
- The mission of St. John Regional Catholic School is to provide a Christ-centered environment and an exemplary education to each and every student within the framework of the Gospel and the traditions of the Catholic Church. The goal of our faith community is to develop future leadership for the 21stcentury through academic excellence, faith in action,and a firm foundation of Christian virtues.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||http://sjrcs.org|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009, 2017|
|Total Students||534 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,650|
|Tuition Notes||Family Grants and Scholarships are available! Parishioner rate $6,650 for families registered at a regional parish; non-parishioner rate $8,150. Pre-K3 & 4 (full day) $7,500,Pre-K3 & 4 (5 days 1/2 days) $4,500 Pre-K3 (3 Days - 1/2 day) $2,700(parishion|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,914|
|Admissions Director||Karen O Boyle|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy, Chess, Chinese, Extended Learning Opportunitis, Girl, History Club, Junior Great Books, Light of Hope, National, National Jr. Honors Society, Saftey Patrols, Silver Knights Chess CLub, Stock, Stock Market Club, Student, Wildcat Morning News, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Tradition of quality Catholic education since 1829 in Frederick.
- National Blue Ribbon School
- Makerspace Classroom
- Designated S.T.E.M. (Science, Technolofy, Engineering, Math) School
- Pre-K program for 3 & 4 year olds
- Renzulli gifted and talented program
- State of the art facility on 27 acre campus can accommodate 750 students
- Fully Networked Computer & Science Labs
- State of the art media center/library
- Curriculum based on Elementary Course of Study as prescribed by the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
- Bus service Available from Urbana, Mount Airy, Jefferson, Brunswick, and Middletown.
- 1:1 iPad program in the middle school.
- PRIDE Program- A innovative program to meet the needs of students with mild to moderate learning disabilities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Frederick Grades: PK-8 | 159 students
1730 N Market St
Frederick, MD 21701
(301)695-9320 2.2 PK-8
- Mount Airy Grades: PK-12 | 301 students
16700 Old Frederick Road
Mount Airy, MD 21771
(410)489-4321 19 PK-12
- Buckeystown Grades: 9-12 | 260 students
3989 Buckeystown Pike
Buckeystown, MD 21717
(301)662-4210 4.7 9-12
My daughters loved this school. The opportunities that were available to them were great. Not only is the education top notch but the friendships they made will last a life time. As a family we loved the feeling of community. I would recommend this school to anyone.
- Posted by Parent - dhbea
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.