Stepping Stones Learning Academy
- Stepping Stones is a Maryland State of Education approved Pre-Kthrough 12th grade private school as well as nationally accreditedthrough the National Independent Private School Association as well as Middle States.(NIPSA).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact the office for current tuition rates|
- Stepping Stones Learning Academy strives to provide achallenging academic program for students that will prepare themfor both secondary and post-secondary education. Theelementary curriculum is designed to meet the needs of all childrenand all types of learners. It promotes not only cognitivedevelopment but also social, emotional as well asphysical-motor. The secondary curriculum offers advancedlevel courses and dual enrollment options with Wor-Wic CommunityCollege. All grades are encouraged to incorporate technologyand engage in differentiated, cooperative and cross-curricularinstruction, especially in the elementary curriculum. Inaddition, SSLA is dedicated to providing all of our students withexperiential learning opportunities through hands-on learningactivities, labs and field trips. Some of our more notableexperiences include: caving in Sweetwater, Tennessee, whitewaterrafting near Fayetteville, West Virginia, exploring Mt. Rushmore atKeystone, South Dakota, swimming with dolphins in Orlando, Floridaand gem mining in North Carolina.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salisbury Grades: PK-8 | 219 students
500 Camden Ave
Salisbury, MD 21801
(410)749-9907 131.2 PK-8
- Salisbury Grades: PK-K | 176 students
1401 Camden Ave
Salisbury, MD 21801
(410)742-7058 132 PK-K
- Salisbury Grades: PK-12 | 566 students
807 Parker Rd
Salisbury, MD 21804
(410)546-0661 131.9 PK-12
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.