Stepping Stones Learning Academy
Tel: (410) 341-7668
Stepping Stones is a Maryland State of Education approved Pre-Kthrough 12th grade private school as well as nationally accreditedthrough the National Independent Private School Association as well as Middle States.(NIPSA).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact the office for current tuition rates|
- Stepping Stones Learning Academy strives to provide achallenging academic program for students that will prepare themfor both secondary and post-secondary education. Theelementary curriculum is designed to meet the needs of all childrenand all types of learners. It promotes not only cognitivedevelopment but also social, emotional as well asphysical-motor. The secondary curriculum offers advancedlevel courses and dual enrollment options with Wor-Wic CommunityCollege. All grades are encouraged to incorporate technologyand engage in differentiated, cooperative and cross-curricularinstruction, especially in the elementary curriculum. Inaddition, SSLA is dedicated to providing all of our students withexperiential learning opportunities through hands-on learningactivities, labs and field trips. Some of our more notableexperiences include: caving in Sweetwater, Tennessee, whitewaterrafting near Fayetteville, West Virginia, exploring Mt. Rushmore atKeystone, South Dakota, swimming with dolphins in Orlando, Floridaand gem mining in North Carolina.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salisbury Grades: PK-K | 68 students
1401 Camden Ave
Salisbury, MD 21801
(410) 742-7058 132 PK-K
- Salisbury Grades: PK-8 | 226 students
500 Camden Ave
Salisbury, MD 21801
(410) 749-9907 131.2 PK-8
- Salisbury Grades: PK-12 | 543 students
807 Parker Rd
Salisbury, MD 21804
(410) 546-0661 131.9 PK-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.