Stepping Stones Learning Academy
- Stepping Stones is a Maryland State of Education approved Pre-Kthrough 12th grade private school as well as nationally accreditedthrough the National Independent Private School Association as well as Middle States.(NIPSA).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact the office for current tuition rates|
- Stepping Stones Learning Academy strives to provide achallenging academic program for students that will prepare themfor both secondary and post-secondary education. Theelementary curriculum is designed to meet the needs of all childrenand all types of learners. It promotes not only cognitivedevelopment but also social, emotional as well asphysical-motor. The secondary curriculum offers advancedlevel courses and dual enrollment options with Wor-Wic CommunityCollege. All grades are encouraged to incorporate technologyand engage in differentiated, cooperative and cross-curricularinstruction, especially in the elementary curriculum. Inaddition, SSLA is dedicated to providing all of our students withexperiential learning opportunities through hands-on learningactivities, labs and field trips. Some of our more notableexperiences include: caving in Sweetwater, Tennessee, whitewaterrafting near Fayetteville, West Virginia, exploring Mt. Rushmore atKeystone, South Dakota, swimming with dolphins in Orlando, Floridaand gem mining in North Carolina.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salisbury Grades: PK-8 | 219 students
500 Camden Ave
Salisbury, MD 21801
(410)749-9907 131.2 PK-8
- Salisbury Grades: PK-K | 176 students
1401 Camden Ave
Salisbury, MD 21801
(410)742-7058 132 PK-K
- Salisbury Grades: PK-12 | 566 students
807 Parker Rd
Salisbury, MD 21804
(410)546-0661 131.9 PK-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.