The Salisbury School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- At Salisbury School, we believe strongly that the skills and good habits necessary for intellectual and social growth are best learned at an early age.
- Toward that end, a caring, talented, and responsive faculty strives to foster a lifelong love of learning in each child.
- Students experience a carefully structured curriculum that stresses academic excellence and respect for each child's growth and learning patterns.
- They work in an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Our Upper School division extends this tradition of excellence into the high school years.
- A demanding college preparatory curriculum and the use of a notebook computer by all students build a firm foundation for the challenges of higher education.
- At Salisbury School, students find academic challenge, high expectations, individual attention, and boundless opportunities to be involved in their education.
- They work to master academic skills such as the ability to think clearly and the means to communicate ideas.
- Of equal importance, they develop self-confidence, a feeling of self-worth, and a sense of community.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||316 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Average SAT score||1167|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Gail Carozza|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, TennisBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Culture Club, Green Club, Key Club, Latin Honor Society, Literary Magazine, Mock Trial Team, Model UN, National Honor Society, Ping Pong Club, Spanish Honor Society, Student Government Association, Tri M Music Honor Society, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Band, Concert Choir, Musical
- The Salisbury School engages each student in a demanding college preparatory education based on rigorous academics, experiential learning while uncovering the maximum intellectual, physical, and artistic potential of each student. Starting with development of a life long love of learning in primary grades and ending with advanced placement curriculum in Upper School, graduating students are prepared for the highest levels of academic pursuit and are ready to lead a well-rounded life of purpose and creativity. This experience is conducted in an innovative environment that values independent thinking, community responsibility, a strong sense of inner discipline, the ability to embrace life`s challenges with confidence, and a willingness to explore cultural differences with an open mind.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salisbury Grades: PK-12 | 566 students
807 Parker Rd
Salisbury, MD 21804
(410)546-0661 1.9 PK-12
- Berlin Grades: PK-12 | 505 students
Po Box 1006
Berlin, MD 21811
(410)641-3575 17.4 PK-12
- Fruitland Grades: PK-12 | 118 students
402 W Main St
Fruitland, MD 21826
(410)341-7668 133.7 PK-12
Our family has attended The Salisbury School for over 14 years now. Yes, it is a family experience! Each student is allowed to individually grow into independent, compassionate, global citizens with the ability to learn anything and think for themselves. The faculty and staff help each student to find their own path and prepare for life after graduation- whether that is STEM or the arts- every subject is important at TSS.
- Posted by Parent - SS
My children have attended TSS for over 10 years, and I could not be more satisfied! The Lower School is an idyllic place of learning centered around the best school library I have ever seen. The students develop a love of learning in a fun, safe and supportive environment with terrific teachers. The academics in the Middle and Upper Schools are very rigorous, but the teachers truly give great individual attention to each student. The Upper School at TSS is not only "college prep", but it is a college-like experience that really prepares students to excel in college and beyond. There are multiple teachers that have been great mentors to my children. The environment of the school is conducive to learning (take a tour while school is in session a truly amazing place). The students also learn great life and social skills such as how to communicate with adults, public speaking, and how to treat others. I am absolutely convinced that the tuition at TSS is the best INVESTMENT I have ever made.
- Posted by Parent - JScott
My family has attended this school for 11 years. We love the individual attention, caring teachers and all the opportunities offered for hands-on learning. The family atmosphere makes the school feel like home! You have to visit the school to experience it for yourself!
- Posted by Parent - Momof3
The Salisbury School has a 100% college acceptance rate and 100% of its students attend college. Its challenging academic curricula allows students the opportunity to take advanced courses that may not otherwise be offered in other schools. It is culturally diverse and celebrates the diversity of its students. Many of the faculty possess advanced degrees, quite a few possess PhD's. The students are respectful, supportive, and friendly to each other.
- Posted by Parent - bbabr
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.