Mount Clare Christian School
Tel: (410) 947-5981
- The Mount Clare Christian School is located in Southwest Baltimore.
- Our neighborhood struggles with the problems facing many inner-city communities; drug addiction, drug dealing, alcoholism, violence, prostitution, and poverty.
- Some of our students come from families who want to raise their children in the light of Christ.
- We seek to assist and and support them. Most students have little or no church experience.
- We seek to present the Gospel of Christ, salvation by grace through faith in Him, to all that have not heard.
- For those students who have placed their faith in Christ, we want to help them grow stronger in their walk with Christ.
- We want all of our students to achieve to their maximum potential academically.
- We seek to develop leaders who will play an active role in restoring our community.
- MCCS uses the Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) Curriculum, which is a self-instructed mastery learning program.
- The ACE Curriculum is integrated with Christian character concepts and Bible teaching.
- Each student takes a diagnostic test when he/she enters the school to place him/her at an appropriate level in Math, Reading, Ability (which places the student in Literature, Social Studies, and Science), Spelling and English Grammar.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-11|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: PK-8 | 159 students
300 E Gittings Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 685-6155 1.9 PK-8
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 323 students
2800 Edison Highway
Baltimore, MD 21213
(410) 732-6200 4.3 9-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.