Mount Saint Charles Academy
- Mount Saint Charles Academy is a coeducational, Catholic, middle school@-senior high school (grades 6-12) located in Woonsocket, Rhode Island.
- Founded by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart in 1924, Mount Saint Charles Academy continues a tradition of educational excellence and holistic formation within a caring and supportive faith community.
- We believe that a student learns through his or her experience of the total school environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Music Theory, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP United States History, AP US Government & Politics|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||High School: $13850 Junior High: $12150|
|Admissions Director||Joseph O'Neill|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Campus Ministry, Chess & Games Club, Drama Club, Earth Crew, Foreign Language Club, Math Team, Mock Trial Team, Model Legislature, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Photography Club, Robotics Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Flag Football, Ski Club
- Mount Saint Charles Academy is a coeducational, Catholic, junior-senior high school located in Woonsocket, Rhode Island. Founded by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart in 1924, Mount Saint Charles Academy continues a tradition of educational excellence and holistic formation within a caring and supportive faith community. We believe that a student learns through his or her experience of the total school environment. As a result of this belief, we begin with the formation of a school community where, through diverse academic, co-curricular, faith development and service experiences, the whole child can be formed.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shrewsbury Grades: 9-12 | 1050 students
378 Main St
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
(508)842-8934 23.8 9-12
- Worcester Grades: 7-12 | 651 students
144 Granite St
Worcester, MA 01604
(508)753-6371 22.5 7-12
- Woonsocket Grades: 1-12 | 12 students
181 Cumberland St
Woonsocket, RI 02895
(401)235-7413 0.9 1-12
- Bardstown Grades: 9-12 | 316 students
309 W Stephen Foster Ave
Bardstown, KY 40004
(502)348-8594 793.7 9-12
- Covington Grades: 7-12 | 190 students
21 East 11th Street
Covington, KY 41011
(859)291-7044 711.3 7-12
Best Place in the planet. Come be a Mountie!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alum
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?