Tel: (323) 752-0720
- Nativity Catholic School opened in 1925 in a two-story brick building that is still the main school building.
- Nativity Catholic School is an integral part of the mission of Nativity Parish and stands as a beacon of hope to the Vermont community.
- Through facilitation of learning in a peaceful, Catholic community environment, educators at Nativity School strive to establish conditions that foster the religious, academic, aesthetic, social, and physical growth of students.
- By example, support, and action, the Nativity staff encourages students to appreciate the value of education and life-long learning.
- Students are given tools to fulfill their potential as responsible, participating members of family, of the Church, and of society.
- By learning Catholic teachings and practices, students grow in understanding the importance of being faithful to commitments and of service to others.
- The Nativity staff affirms the interrelationship of the school, home, and Church, recognizing that parents are the primary educators of the children served.
- The mission of Nativity School is to challenge students to realize their potential by providing a quality Catholic education for youngsters regardless of their family's economic level and by fostering students' appreciation of continued education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 17 students
517 W 59th Pl
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323) 717-1747 0.5 PK-8
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 334 students
924 W 70th St
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323) 751-2774 1 K-8
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-5 | 113 students
5101 S Western Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90062
(323) 295-1399 1.2 PK-5
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.