- Nativity Catholic School opened in 1925 in a two-story brick building that is still the main school building.
- Nativity Catholic School is an integral part of the mission of Nativity Parish and stands as a beacon of hope to the Vermont community.
- Through facilitation of learning in a peaceful, Catholic community environment, educators at Nativity School strive to establish conditions that foster the religious, academic, aesthetic, social, and physical growth of students.
- By example, support, and action, the Nativity staff encourages students to appreciate the value of education and life-long learning.
- Students are given tools to fulfill their potential as responsible, participating members of family, of the Church, and of society.
- By learning Catholic teachings and practices, students grow in understanding the importance of being faithful to commitments and of service to others.
- The Nativity staff affirms the interrelationship of the school, home, and Church, recognizing that parents are the primary educators of the children served.
- The mission of Nativity School is to challenge students to realize their potential by providing a quality Catholic education for youngsters regardless of their family's economic level and by fostering students' appreciation of continued education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 17 students
517 W 59th Pl
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)717-1747 0.5 PK-8
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
924 W 70th St
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)751-2774 1 PK-8
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-5 | 113 students
5101 S Western Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90062
(323)295-1399 1.2 PK-5
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.