New Vistas Academy
New Vistas Academy Photo #2 - At New Vistas you will find children who come to our school from 39 different nations around the world. They bring a balanced mixture of cultures, experiences, traditions, and interests to our classes. Because of this, our children receive an education that reaches far beyond traditional subject matter. Our internationalism adds a dimension to our structured curriculum that is rich
New Vistas Academy Photo #3 - Students display their four foot trophy after winning the Arizona State Science and Engineering Fair held by Intel, Helios and other high-tech companies. New Vistas was also named the Top Science and Engineering School in the Elementary Division in the State of Arizona.
- New Vistas Center for Education, located in Chandler, is the East Valley's answer to accelerated education for gifted students.
- Our teacher to student ratio is 1:8 enabling each student to receive individual attention in a loving yet challenging environment.
- Co-Director, Dr. Eleanor Jordan, has removed all ceilings to learning through a unique testing component which allows every student to advance at their own pace.
- It is not unusual for students to function 2-6 years above grade level.
- Parents are very important to us. We have established Parent Partnership Institute serving parents with practical tips on supporting their children's academic journey.
- Even if you are only visiting please consider signing up for our free interactive New Vistas Blog at the following link: http://www.newvistasblog.com..
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||410 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please review to website or contact the school office.|
National avg.: 85%
- Founded in 1979 to serve the needs of local school children and their families who seek a higher caliber of academic excellence and achievement, New Vistas Center for Education now serves a full time international community of 450 students between the ages of 2 to 12 years old. The summer program and courses of study under the EAJ Institute attracts students from preschool through high school throughout the Valley of the Sun. Founder and Director Carol Elias and Co-Director Dr. Eleanor Jordan, adhere to principles and practices that are committed to high standards of scholarship and citizenship. As a result, New Vistas has been recognized as a Top Ten School by John's Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth and designated an Arizona Top School by Arizona Business Magazine. Our curriculum is challenging and organized, planned, paced and taught by teachers using the proven strategy of direct instruction. Our unique testing component, developed by Educational Testing Services and supported by Johns Hopkins University, allows us to evaluate students at their highest level of capacity, regardless of age and grade placement.. Our goal is to develop critical thinkers, problem solvers, responsible global citizens, and lifelong learners. Our winning philosophy:
- 1. There is no ceiling to learning and children are advanced when mastery of any subject is achieved.
- 2. A structured, positive, academic learning environment.
- Both of these features are key to children developing their unique gifts and talents.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chandler Grades: PK-8
19620 South McQueen Road
Chandler, AZ 85286
(480)899-9197 3.3 PK-8
- Chandler Grades: PK-K | 115 students
6400 W Del Rio St
Chandler, AZ 85226
(480)899-2980 6.4 PK-K
- Chandler Grades: PK-6 | 108 students
1700 W Warner Road
Chandler, AZ 85224
(480)730-8886 2.3 PK-6
- Mesa Grades: NS-12 | 173 students
745 S. Extension
Mesa, AZ 85210
(480)962-1432 6 NS-12
- Mesa Grades: NS-8 | 94 students
1230 N Gilbert Rd
Mesa, AZ 85203
(480)890-1580 9.1 NS-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.