New Vistas Academy
New Vistas Academy Photo #2 - New Vistas is an advanced academic preschool and elementary school located in Chandler. NVCE has consistently held the title of Top Ten School by Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth. Our curriculum is unique in Arizona since it enables children to progress at an accelerated rate with any ceiling to learning. Most students function 2-6 years above grade level.
New Vistas Academy Photo #3 - At New Vistas you will find children who come to our school from 39 different nations around the world. They bring a balanced mixture of cultures, experiences, traditions, and interests to our classes. Because of this, our children receive an education that reaches far beyond traditional subject matter. Our internationalism adds a dimension to our structured curriculum that is rich
New Vistas Center for Education, located in Chandler, is the East Valley's answer to accelerated education for gifted students.
Our teacher to student ratio is 1:8 enabling each student to receive individual attention in a loving yet challenging environment.
Co-Director, Dr. Eleanor Jordan, has removed all ceilings to learning through a unique testing component which allows every student to advance at their own pace.
It is not unusual for students to function 2-6 years above grade level.
Parents are very important to us. We have established Parent Partnership Institute serving parents with practical tips on supporting their children's academic journey.
Even if you are only visiting please consider signing up for our free interactive New Vistas Blog at the following link: http://www.newvistasblog.com..
- Top Ranked AZ School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 410 students
- Acceptance rate: 100%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 39%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Please review to website or contact the school office.
National avg.: 85%
- Founded in 1979 to serve the needs of local school children and their families who seek a higher caliber of academic excellence and achievement, New Vistas Center for Education now serves a full time international community of 450 students between the ages of 2 to 12 years old. The summer program and courses of study under the EAJ Institute attracts students from preschool through high school throughout the Valley of the Sun. Founder and Director Carol Elias and Co-Director Dr. Eleanor Jordan, adhere to principles and practices that are committed to high standards of scholarship and citizenship. As a result, New Vistas has been recognized as a Top Ten School by John's Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth and designated an Arizona Top School by Arizona Business Magazine. Our curriculum is challenging and organized, planned, paced and taught by teachers using the proven strategy of direct instruction. Our unique testing component, developed by Educational Testing Services and supported by Johns Hopkins University, allows us to evaluate students at their highest level of capacity, regardless of age and grade placement.. Our goal is to develop critical thinkers, problem solvers, responsible global citizens, and lifelong learners. Our winning philosophy:
- 1. There is no ceiling to learning and children are advanced when mastery of any subject is achieved.
- 2. A structured, positive, academic learning environment.
- Both of these features are key to children developing their unique gifts and talents.
Endorse New Vistas Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.