Leadership and character development are important at NTLA. Students attend leadership class each day and work together to create and complete community service projects.
NTLA students enjoy several off-campus learning experiences each month. It provides the students with an opportunity to apply the skills they are learning in the classroom to a real-world environment.
At the end of each Project Based Learning unit students choose how they want to present their learning to the community during the Student Showcase.
- North Texas Leadership Academy (NTLA) is a Project Based Learning private school dedicated to serving bright and gifted students. NTLA provides an innovative and rigorous curriculum designed to challenge each student as they progress.
- With class sizes no larger than 12, students have the benefit of individualized instruction from teachers and the freedom to learn at an advanced level.
- NTLA uses hands-on, real-world application of skills while placing a special emphasis on leadership development and service learning which allows our students the opportunity to develop into leaders as well as lifelong learners. The academic environment is designed specifically for bright children in order to provide a social community that empowers each student's sense of self.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Red, or navy polo shirt and navy or khaki pants or shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Pasteur|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Pasteur|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chess Club, Destination Imagination, Lego Club, Running Club Art Club, Chess Club, Lego Club, Running Club, Destination Imagination,
- NTLA was designed to offer all our students the opportunity to learn at an advanced level, enhance their strengths and explore their creativity. Our classes are no larger than 12 students per classroom which allows for individualized curriculum and attention.Our curriculum encourages creativity and exploration in core subjects and leadership development that help students expand their critical thinking skills. In addition to attending Spanish language instruction daily, students also enjoy music, art and other rotating electives each week. They are given the opportunity to showcase their leadership skills on a daily basis.At NTLA learning is an on-going adventure and is extended through off-campus instruction. Students participate in several off-campus learning adventures each month designed by NTLA staff that allows them to apply what they are learning in the classroom in a real world environment.NTLA believes that we can better ourselves through helping others and therefore requires students to complete service projects as a part of the curriculum. Families are encouraged to model the importance of leadership and community service at home.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
KellerGrades: K | 42 students
4700 Heritage Trace Pkwy
Keller, TX 76248
Fort WorthGrades: PK-KG | 50 students
11655 Alta Vista Rd Ste B
Fort Worth, TX 76244
8801 Ray White Road
Keller, TX 76244
KellerGrades: NS-K | 54 students
122 E Vine St
Keller, TX 76248
KellerGrades: NS-8 | 187 students
1308 Whitley Road
Keller, TX 76248
We can not say enough about our experience with NTLA. Our 4th grader was struggling at our local Public school and despite being in the gifted program there, she was needing a more individualized program. We found North Texas Leadership Academy and have seen a 360 degree change in our daughter. She loves the school, the project based curriculum challenges her and the teachers and peers are very caring and compassionate. We love the fact they change classes and are have different educators...so our daughter is exposed to new teachers who encourage and engage her in a variety of projects. And we have found the administration to be understanding and supportive of our child and family. We love this school and wish we would have known about them from day one.
- Posted by Parent - Angela Gunshore
My daughter did Pre-K and first grade in public school. She was really struggling with reading and I used to lose my patience when we would sit every evening practicing. She was already so tired from school and all that homework and it was very stressful. We are at NTLA since 3 Months and her reading improved a lot, our evenings are more relaxed and she starts to find joy in her books because she knows she is doing much better! The teacher/student ratio is great because she has so much 1:1 time with her teachers. They also do so many great Projects and have field trips to important places randomly. This school is like a big Family and we love it.
- Posted by Parent - LexF
I''m thankful this school is available for my son. The school incorporates Project Based Learning across the curriculum so all learning is relevant and applied. I like this model because my son is collaborating and learning to think critically vs. just memorizing facts for a test. The students showcase their work in some way at the end of each unit and parents are always invited. Parent involvement is encouraged and high. I also like the focus on leadership and service. Class sizes are small, 12 max/teacher, and individualized lessons are created to challenge my son where he's at each day. That's a major selling point for me. And he loves going to school.
- Posted by Parent - monic
One visit is all you will need to understand the depth and determination that the entire staff puts forth in crafting an engaging and challenging place of learning. The sense of community begins and extends through the Head of School, Mrs Thompson. We finally found a place that strives to bring out the best in all of their students.
- Posted by Parent - rex4f
My daughter is in her 2nd year at NTLA and absolutely loves the school. Each and every day she is actively engaged in her learning. The teachers are fantastic--nurturing, highly qualified, insightful, and creative. This school is top notch!
- Posted by Parent - tmjor
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.