- Middleburg Academy inspires students to excellence in academics, the arts, and athletics.
- We are a dynamic community of students, faculty and staff, parents, and alumni dedicated to lifelong learning, service to others, spiritual growth, and the success of each student.
- Our school strives to develop young men and women of moral integrity who will be responsible leaders and citizens in a diverse and ever-changing world. Middleburg Academy interprets “college preparation” in the broadest sense: we prepare our students for the academic demands of higher education, but we also help each to develop his or her own moral compass in preparation for increased independence at college. This genuine emphasis on developing the whole person - head and heart, intellect and character - is deeply embedded in our rich and varied past.
- The philosophy was established in 1965, when Notre Dame Academy was founded as a Catholic boarding school for girls; it was there in the 1990s, as we evolved into a coeducational Catholic day school; and it continues to guide a fully independent Middleburg Academy.
- Today, students study the major world religions and are taught to think critically about tough ethical questions, on both a global (poverty in a world of plenty) and a personal (the standards for individual morality) level.
- This is largely accomplished in year-long Freshman, Sophomore and Junior Middleburg Academy Seminars that form a core part of the curriculum.
- These courses also require students to respond by becoming “hands-on” in their community, through service projects that they plan, choose, and carry out themselves. .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,980|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid available to qualified candidates|
|Admissions Director||Charles E. Britton, Jr.|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
- The Four Pillars of Excellence foster success for every student at Middleburg Academy in: Academics, The Arts, Athletics and Community Service. These pillars are underpinned by the strength of the close-knit Middleburg Academy community. The Community Service Program encourages students to volunteer their time both inside and outside the school to foster their own personal and spiritual growth, while helping those they serve. Many students far exceed the program's required minimum of twenty-five service hours per year. Leadership and Student Life at Middleburg Academy provides all grade levels the opportunity to participate in numerous clubs and societies such as The International Thespian Society, The National Honor Society, Lunch Bunch, Student Council, Green Club, Student Ambassadors, FBLA, Amnesty International and Academic Bowl. The College Counseling Program is structured to assist each student in obtaining multiple college offers that best represent their academic, personal and financial position. Students are introduced to the program in their freshman year. As a college preparatory high school with a requirement that all students are accepted to college, every effort is made to ensure that each student matriculates to the school of their choice and is thoroughly prepared for the challenges of higher education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LeesburgGrades: PK-12 | 185 students
21336 Evergreen Mills Rd
Leesburg, VA 20175
OaktonGrades: PK-12 | 998 students
3320 Jermantown Road
Oakton, VA 22124
FairfaxGrades: 4-12 | 137 students
9431 Silver King Court
Fairfax, VA 22031
Virginia BeachGrades: PK-12 | 915 students
1320 Mill Dam Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
Mc LeanGrades: K-12 | 1039 students
1301 Potomac School Rd
Mc Lean, VA 22101
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.