Oak Hill Academy
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: 8-12
- Enrollment: 102 students
- Yearly Tuition: $37,890
- Acceptance rate: 79%
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Oak Hill Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
Academics and Faculty
Khakis and Polos; free dress outside of class
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Astronomy Club, Dance Club, Debate Club, Fishing Club, Magic Club, Mountain Biking Club, Newspaper Staff, Outdoor Running Club, Snow Ski Club, Spanish Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Broadcasting, Chess Club, Open Studio Art, Praise Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Boy Scouts, Cheer Team, Cooking Club, Equestrian Club, Fitness Club, Frisbee Golf, Intramural Sports, Trail Riding
- Oak Hill Academy emphasizes learning through a relational environment where students are well-known and well-cared for individually. OHA provides a positive and welcoming community while challenging students to grow and thrive, socially and academically.
- Oak Hill works with our students individually to guide them throughout the college application process and beyond. The class of 2020 garnered over $6.7 million of merit-based college scholarships. The Academy also offers a host of articulation agreements with colleges and universities to provide our graduates with additional options for college acceptances and scholarships.
- The Academy offers dual credit college classes, AP and Honors classes as well as a range of academic support and strudy skills courses.
- The Oak Hill Academy Learning Specialist works to ensure each student is being appropriately challenged and supported academically.
- The Residential Life staff professionals manage daily life and activities outside of the classroom; these are the adults who live in the dormitories to provide structure and guidance.
- Most OHA faculty and staff live on campus, further contributing to the feeling of family and community.
- Oak Hill has a long history of excellence since 1878 and has enrolled international students from around the world for over 60 years.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Carmelo Anthony - NBA Player
- Rajon Rondo - NBA Player
- Quinn Cook - NBA Player
- Jordan Adams - NBA Player
- Cory Alexander - NBA Player
- Keldon Johnson - 2021 US Olympian
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Oak Hill Academy cost?
Oak Hill Academy's tuition is approximately $37,890 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Oak Hill Academy?
The acceptance rate of Oak Hill Academy is 79%, which is lower than the national average of 83%.
Who are famous alumni from Oak Hill Academy?
Oak Hill Academy famous alumni include: Carmelo Anthony, Rajon Rondo, Quinn Cook, Jordan Adams, Cory Alexander and Keldon Johnson.
Does Oak Hill Academy offer a summer program?
Yes, Oak Hill Academy offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Oak Hill Academy offer?
Oak Hill Academy offers 16 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Climbing, Dance, Equestrian, Freestyle Skiing, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting and Wrestling. Oak Hill Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for most sports offered.
What is Oak Hill Academy's ranking?
Oak Hill Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Most sports offered, Most extracurriculars offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Oak Hill Academy?
The application deadline for Oak Hill Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Oak Hill Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards