Oak Hill Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Oak Hill Academy is a coeducational, Baptist affiliated, boarding/day high school committed to excellence in education and adolescent development in a non-military setting.
- The mission of Oak Hill Academy is to provide a safe, secure, nurturing environment for girls and boys needing a change in school, peer, community or family relationships.
- Oak Hill seeks to provide a structured college preparatory program to students in grades 8-12. Oak Hill's curriculum challenges the brightest student and encourages those who are unmotivated, underachievers or experiencing difficulty in their school setting.
Oak Hill Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Attention Deficit Disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Dual or college credit classes are offered in the subject areas of English, calculus, US history, and keyboarding. Students may also take honors classes in subject areas of English, math, social studies, science, and Spanish.|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki pants, collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$31,184|
|Tuition Notes||There is a $500 tuition discount and interest free payment plan available for students accepted by June 1.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michael Rodgers|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Finklea|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Equestrian, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Choir, Drama Club, Hiking club, Horseback riding, International Student Club, Leadership Group, National Honor Society, Paintball club, Pep Band, Pep Club, Snow Ski Club, Student Government, Swim Club, Yoga Club, Youth Group|
Club or Organization:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness Club, Frisbee Golf
- Oak Hill Academy is a coeducational, Baptist affiliated, boarding/day high school committed to excellence in education and adolescent development in a non-military setting. The mission of Oak Hill Academy is to provide a safe, secure, nurturing environment for girls and boys needing a change in school, peer, community or family relationships. Oak Hill seeks to provide a structured educational program to girls and boys in grades 8-12. Oak Hill's curriculum challenges the brightest student and encourages those who are unmotivated, underachievers or experiencing difficulty in their school setting.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fitchburg Grades: 6-10 | 35 students
171 South St
Fitchburg, MA 01420
(978)343-7635 653.8 6-10
- Wolfeboro Grades: 9-12 | 343 students
80 Academy Drive
Wolfeboro, NH 03894
(603)569-7200 719.8 9-12
Some most defining moment in my HS education go back to OHA. I am now 63 years old, yet remember my time there as powerful, enlightening and life changing. I will always be grateful to OHA's faculty and leadership staff for the opportunity to grow and become that person once hiding inside me. I hope anyone considers OHA for their children understands the depth of dedication from all OHA staff to help develop your children into refined capable leaders of our society.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Dawn Stover McPherson
As a parent, I have been very impressed with the dedication with the staff and how hard they work to ensure student success. We are from an upper middle class family and found that our son fit in very well with the other students. He has a lot of nice friends and generally enjoys his time there. They are very strict when it come to behavior and drugs. This is also a plus for us knowing that he is (relatively safe) from temptations. They do have an over-the-top basketball program which provides a lot of excitement at the school. However, our son does not play basketball and we have found that the basketball does not get in the way of their focus on the achievement of their students.
- Posted by Parent - dmcte
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.