Oak Meadow Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Oak Meadow Montessori School is committed to providing excellence and innovation in your child`s education.
- Each of us is dedicated to perpetuating the Montessori philosophy for the benefit of the future.
- Our goal for your child is to develop a curiosity and love for learning.
- As a result of this curiosity and love, he achieves self-discipline; he does this because he directs his activities and education, not a traditional teacher.
- By tapping into his need and desire to learn, we help the child experience the adventure of discovery and the joy of accomplishment.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by program|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Louanne Huffman|
|Admissions Associate||Heather Holbrook|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Foreign Languages (Sp, Fr, Ch), Music, Piano, Tap/Ballet
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Oak Meadow Montessori School aspires to be a community leader by advancing Montessori principals that promote holistic child development and the positive well-being of self, others, and the earth.
- Our mission is to foster individual development, self-expression, and creativity in children within a peaceful, natural, and supportive atmosphere. We encourage respect for self, others, and the environment as part of our commitment to our children`s success as joyful, life-long learners, and productive members of society.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Athens Grades: NS-6 | 96 students
615 Tallassee Rd
Athens, GA 30606
(706)543-4473 32.5 NS-6
- Atlanta Grades: NS-9
1970 Cliff Valley Way Ne
Atlanta, GA 30329
(404)325-6777 21.8 NS-9
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1673 students
4075 Paces Ferry Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404)262-3032 27.4 K-12
Both of my daughters have attended Oak Meadow since they were 2 years old. They are in the Elementary program now. Our experience has been fantastic! In addition to an excellent and enriching education, we have felt like part of a family since day one. I cannot recommend this school highly enough!
- Posted by Parent - kshap
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.