Odyssey Day School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (781) 245-6050
- Odyssey Day School empowers children to be out-of-the-box thinkers through experiential, theme-based education that breaks the traditional mold and guides children as they embark on a life-long educational journey to discover who they are and who they have the potential to become.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||155 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,980|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies across the grades, with $8980. being the highest elementary tuition, and all others elementary falling below that.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Margaret Douglas|
- The moment your child enters the doors of Odyssey Day School he or she embarks on an educational journey. Much like the legendary hero, Odysseus, from whose story we take our name, your child will voyage to new places, meet new people, and learn much about themselves and the world around them.
- At Odyssey, we focus on the whole child with theme-based education that empowers our students to become active, engaged, excited, life-long learners. During their time with us, students are equipped with all the tools they need to establish their own goals and are challenged to meet and exceed those goals through experiential, hands-on learning.
- Our progressive approach to learning focuses on practical, tangible knowledge that goes far beyond books and worksheets, empowering students to take what they learn in the classroom, apply it to their everyday lives, and ultimately, become socially and globally aware citizens.
- The educational journey at Odyssey is different from the experience at many other schools. We know all children are unique, and we work to help them succeed at their own pace in a nurturing environment that also challenges them to do more than they thought possible. We invite students at Odyssey to discover what makes them unique and what excites them about learning. Quite simply, we love your children. Whether an infant or an eighth grader, we want them to have fun and we want them to love learning.
- Our teachers know that their job is not to just give information, but to fan the spark of curiosity in the heart and mind of each child.
- We know that your child will love learning here. We look forward to meeting you and exploring what your child`s educational odyssey could be.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cambridge Grades: K-6 | 279 students
110 Cushing Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 349-6555 11 K-6
- Danvers Grades: 1-8 | 48 students
123 Dayton Street
Danvers, MA 01923
(978) 304-0273 5.3 1-8
- Everett Grades: NS-8 | 241 students
54 Oakes St
Everett, MA 02149
(607) 389-2448 7.6 NS-8
My daughter has attended ODS since 1st grade. Currently a 4th grader she loves school especially music (they are doing recorder), computer programming, math and when they do yoga in gym class. She runs hard at daily recess and comes home telling me of guest speakers, older students who came into a class to share their knowledge and of all the amazing projects she is working on in group work. The school has offered the progressive, student focused education I was looking for at a price I could afford. I love the community we have at ODS and would highly recommend it to everyone!
- Posted by Parent - nanas
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.