Olney Adventist Prep
Tel: (301) 570-2500
- Olney Adventist Preparatory School is a Kindergarten through 8th grade Christian school located in Olney, Maryland.
- Our philosophy is built on the belief that God has created each student with unique abilities and gifts, and through His grace and strength all children can achieve.
- It is our purpose to help children discover God's will for their life, to develop and improve their abilities, and to awaken the spirit of service by following Christ's example.
- It is our vision to holistically educate our children in mind, body, and spirit.
- Our rigorous academic program is Christ-centered and biblically-based. An enriched curriculum relevant to life skills, complimented by small class sizes and individualized instruction, is the teaching standard to which we hold ourselves accountable.
- Subjects are taught in a unique and intellectually challenging way that prepares and encourages our students to learn, think, speak, and act with confidence and skill.
- It is our priority to assist students in developing a personal relationship with Christ and values grounded in Scripture.
- Dignity, grace, respect, integrity, service, responsible citizenship, personal discipline and leadership are developed through instruction and modeled in the behavior of the school community.
- Students are challenged to excellence and their full personal capacity.
- Our school motto, "Above and Beyond," is used to address students, staff, and families that have exceeded our expectations in application, extension, and creativity in any task or action.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1089 students
9600 Forest Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 530-8260 10.4 PK-12
- Boyds Grades: NS-PK | 140 students
19821 White Ground Rd./p.o. Bo
Boyds, MD 20841
(301) 540-3370 12.5 NS-PK
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?