Our Lady Of Angels
5.00 (1 review)
- Our Lady of Angels School is a Catholic educational institution serving a multicultural community whose purpose is to bring Jesus' teaching to life in a structured, nurturing and safe environment.
- Believing in the respect for and development of the total person, we seek to teach the values of self-respect, self-control and acceptance of all people.
- Catholic education is an expression of the mission entrusted by Jesus to the Church He founded.
- Through education the Church seeks to prepare its members for action.
- Since the Christian vocation is a call to transform one-self and society, with God's help, the educational efforts of the Church must encompass the dual purposed of personal sanctification and social reform in the light of Christian values.
- Our Lady of Angels School admits students of any race to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities of this school.
- We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, or national origin in our admission policies, in our treatment of the students, and/or in our personnel practices.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 277 students
2708 Briggs Avenue
Bronx, NY 10458
(718)367-3081 0.7 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 591 students
1500 Arnow Avenue
Bronx, NY 10469
(718)652-1830 3 PK-8
My three children have attended at Our Lady of Angels School. This has been the best decision made on the future of my children. My two older kids graduated and are attending Catholic High School. My younger child is in 5th grade at Our Lady of Angels School. They have received the best academic education, and christian values. Their teachers always have acknowledge them to them to be respectful. Teachers in Our Lady of Angels School see your child as individual, knows them by his/her name and never have seen them as another number in the class. They always take their time with the parent at parent and teacher conference. Even when your child is having a problem they communicate with you.. by phone. It is sad to know that the school is at risk of closing. I just want to say "Thank you to all, staff and to Sister Mary" for being there, and educated my children.
- Posted by Parent - samis
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.